Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 - @170.43
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | |-+  Apropisms


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Apropisms  (Read 157 times)
Kallistero
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


SOON.
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @009 » Toggle Font Embed

A "malapropism" is a misuse of a word. Therefore, an "apropism" must be its opposite, the correct use of a word. But why should such a concept dignify its own word? It's beneath mention!  :tongue:

Well, what if, for instance:
  • Instead of calling someone TALL, you called them LONG
  • Instead of saying the 90s, you said the 1900s
  • Instead of saying you ORDERED A PIZZA, you said that you SUMMONED A PIZZA  :wizard:

By the definitions of these terms, they're all technically correct uses, though they might catch someone off guard. These are apropisms. They are a propos terms: totally correct, though maybe not what you expect. Perhaps you already use an apropism or two in your daily life. I know that whenever I'm about to cook something & I stage all of the materials, I don't call them ingredients. I call them sacrifices!  :evil:

So here, we can come up with & share apropisms, and maybe we can even use them in our daily lives! Catch your friends off guard, learn some new words, and with enough of them, we could even have our own Melonland dialect  :unite:

Logged

I miss the pomegranate :trash:
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @347 » Toggle Font Embed

I don't like having to pause what I'm doing because the meatbag needs maintaining.

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Large watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry ChristmasMessage BuddylaptopYarn kitty
puf
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


꒰ the 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚 is 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑦 ꒱
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: puf
iMood: puf

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
lil custardCattoJoined 2026!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @647 » Embed


oh i absolutely love saying these things.. i feel like it adds a little more whimsy to everyday life !!

instead of saying i'm waiting for the kettle to boil, i like to say i'm waiting for the water to become angry.

when i lose something around the house, it hasn't been misplaced .. it has wandered off, or it has been stolen by fairies
( it depends if it was something pretty or not )

a moth circling the lamp is attending an evening function.

putting flowers in a vase is giving them indoor accommodations.

when the wind blows all the leaves into my garden, the trees have sent me correspondence.

when i forget my tea and it becomes cold, it has quietly become iced tea.

when birds are being particularly loud outside, they are holding a public meeting.

when something rolls underneath the furniture, it has entered the underworld
( one of my cats loves hiding small objects under the furniture, so i call him "lord of the underworld" )



Logged

https://file.garden/ap12ios4i82W42R_/forums/sign.png
Noah_S
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Noah. Earth. I make website. I.. I.. Noah. Earth.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Noah_S
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
funguyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!I met Dan Q on Melonland!A coin!Enby
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @784 » Toggle Font Embed

I don't charge my phone, I feed my phone.

Logged

perfectionist_better.gifweb_designer.gifspeed_of_time.gifbutton290.pngmy_dream_wedding.gifClippy beats AI

Artifact Swap: Large watercraftGrowing ballwhen life gives you crab make mailMelonland has encountered a bugMerry ChristmasMessage BuddylaptopYarn kitty
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe