Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 09 Oct 2026 - @563.56
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ♺ ∙ Snippets & Materials
| | | |-+  Freezeframe.js - pause n play gifs


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Freezeframe.js - pause n play gifs  (Read 2249 times)
Yukari
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


RISK IT for the BISCUIT
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Summer, 29 Jul 2023 @949 » Toggle Font Embed

It is what it sounds like. Github repo is here, and you can see it in action here.

Bechnokid on Neocities has their own tutorial for implementing it on a personal website.

I'm going to be honest. I have this on like every page of my website but I executed it in the most convoluted way possible. The problems I ran into are:
- The gifs will scale into the size of the container. This is because the default CSS uses "responsive: true"
- The gifs will be aligned weirdly when they aren't being played. Similarly, the default CSS uses "vertical-align: top"

So to fix them, I set responsive to false, and vertical-align to initial. But I'm pretty certain there's a better way to deal with this. I'm of the church of "as long as it works" :ok:

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/PLZiVi3.png
pinkvampyr
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile


Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: pinkvampyr

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 17 Aug 2023 @076 » Toggle Font Embed

I got it working but some people in the 32 bit cafe discord had to do some similar tweaking.

Logged

https://i.postimg.cc/tRFZrYmg/blinkies-Cafe-9u.gif https://i.postimg.cc/c4mKSPWy/blinkies-Cafe-ps.gif

devils
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


very cool very swag i like it
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
black n red yappin kittayFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 17 Aug 2023 @660 » Toggle Font Embed

This is a really cool tidbit of JS! Might be useful for rapidly-flashing GIFs as well.

Logged

:dog:
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe