Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @843.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  More Lore needed for Ozwomp's World (And Possibly An Isekai)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: More Lore needed for Ozwomp's World (And Possibly An Isekai)  (Read 453 times)
Rowan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Silly Mook

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 25, 2023 @561.25 »

Expanding upon that Ozwomp Isekai idea I mentioned in the ShoutBox, I was looking through the lore. I was reading through Help me write the Ozwomp lore! but that just gave me lore for Ozwomp themself, rather than info about the world (worlds?) the Ozwompians reside. A problem, because you cant really have an Isekai without a set world!  :ohdear:

There doesn't seem to be too much lore I could find related to their world in the first place, and I've been hesitant to make some of my own because I don't want it to be not-Ozwomp. I've never really written for anything too otherworldly like it!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023 @573.26 by Okato » Logged

Quote from: melooon
you: Hello fridge, I would like the milk please :cheesy:
fridge: Ooo u look so pretty, lemmy order more onions from Amazon
you: wait no! :drat:
fridge: i love you so much i ordered onions!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023 @34.58 »

I think if you check the lore thread purelyconstructive linked some external resources like the yonkrip zine that gives a little back story, but I guess it’s not really and overview!

The thing is that Ozwomp’s universe is not really a place; it’s the place between places, it exists in the dark matter that is all around us. It’s always expanding and so there’s always new places to explore! It has no time, everything that exists always existed, even if it only just appeared  :tongue: it’s where your memories live when you forget them, it’s where dreams and made and destroyed every night. It’s your first kiss and your last day on earth. It’s every time that isn’t now and everywhere you’ve never been  :grin:

So when I tell stores about Yonkrip, and the gateway that can never be passed (from the original game) - that’s just one of my memories of an another time (to be more specific it’s a memory about an airport).

The little galaxy of worlds with the big Ozwomp at the centre is a memory of being in love.

Sooo the idea really was to represent emotions as game worlds… in the same way as early abstract painters represented music as shapes in a painting.

I guess that’s like the least helpful answer to your question that I could possibly give you  :drat: but it’s also the most honest answer I can give! The truth is I don’t know, because it’s all so big and I’m pretty small! But thank you so much for asking because I don’t think I understood all this until I wrote it just now!!

If you have more specific questions I can try to answer them based on what Iv made so far! But with that in mind; I think you should think about your character and their life; try to stop thinking about literal objects and imagine your feelings as shapes and sounds. What do those shapes sound like? What would it feel like if you suddenly encountered that shape floating in your room? What would it feel like if you were suddenly in a world made of those shapes? Would you be scared? Happy? Unnerved? Then remember that Ozwomp is there to guide you home if you feel lost, or simply to be there to help you explore that strange place.  :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

GUIDE: Melon's Simple X3D World Tutorial

Started by MelooonBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 5
Views: 3804
Last post February 17, 2022 @637.75
by demonologi
Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 247
Views: 21090
Last post April 23, 2024 @951.50
by DiffydaDude
Virtual worlds: where the heck do I start?

Started by GuestBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 5
Views: 2078
Last post June 08, 2023 @27.16
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi