Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @82.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Ambient Music

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ambient Music  (Read 493 times)
Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« on: March 09, 2023 @829.53 »

I enjoy ambient music but I also feel like I need it to work from home effectively. It can be very beautiful despite not being intended to occupy the front of your mind

Brian Eno is probably the master of this kind of music and I especially like his collaborations with Harold Budd

Also have been getting into Klaus Wiese whose music is very spiritual, he plays the Tibetan singing bowls among other things

Do you have any favorite ambient albums/musicians?
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023 @884.44 »

I'm not super knowledgable about the ambient scene, but when I was a kid my dad introduced me to Steve Roach's album 'Dreamtime Return', which is still one of my favourite ambient/electronic albums to date.

I'm attempting to listen to his entire discography but he has a lot of work out there so it's likely to take me a while.  :ok:
Like you, having something play in the background while working is an immense help to me and keeps me focused. Other than ambient music I also listen to a lot of instrumental music or video game music. Music with lyrics is extremely distracting to me.

I've heard of Brain Eno before, although I mostly know him from composing the Windows 95 startup sound xD

Thanks for the suggestions @Wobblegong ! I'll add them to my list and give them a shot.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023 @911.37 by Inkerlink » Logged

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023 @422.95 »

i don’t really listen to a lot of ambient music but i love the soundtrack for spore! very chill ambient background noise, perfect for conquering nations to.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023 @632.79 »

I'm not super knowledgable about the ambient scene, but when I was a kid my dad introduced me to Steve Roach's album 'Dreamtime Return', which is still one of my favourite ambient/electronic albums to date.

really like this, thanks   :cool:
GHOUL

iMood: sidrdds

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023 @54.02 »

i love ambient music!! omg that's what i play for all kinds of stuff!! working, meditating, when i'm anxious and i need background noise!! here are some of my go-to's!!  :ozwomp:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2054
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Free Hosting for Music - Cybergrunge.net

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 7
Views: 2030
Last post February 15, 2022 @110.05
by ellievoyyd
Uploading music?

Started by LimeAngelMudzyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 944
Last post June 24, 2022 @692.11
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi