Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @535.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 36/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Your favorite year in gaming

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your favorite year in gaming  (Read 433 times)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: February 20, 2023 @673.44 »

What's your favorite year or years in gaming? Personally I think mine's gotta be 1996. You had Super Mario 64, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Civ 2, Quake, Parappa The Rappa, Resident Evil and Tekken 2. It was an absolutely revolutionary year for 3D games and a lot of the games released in that year I still go back to even today!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023 @837.18 »

Probably 2002. That's when Metroid Prime, Wind Waker and the Resident Evil remake came out on GameCube. Three of my all-time favourite games.
graveyardsoup
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the net is vast and infinite

iMood: graveyardsoup

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023 @25.64 »

I tend to get blinded by nostalgia so I was trying to think of recent years and 2019 has been one of my favorite in recent memory. Control (one of my all time favorites), Devil May Cry 5, Apex Legends, Death Stranding, Disco Elysium, and the Resident Evil 2 remake came out that year and all 6 of those have been some the games I've enjoyed the most over the past few years.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023 @57.48 »

Probably 2002. That's when Metroid Prime, Wind Waker and the Resident Evil remake came out on GameCube. Three of my all-time favourite games.

Never played any of the Metroid games but damn I might have to try Prime with how often people mention it

She/Her

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023 @57.82 »

I tend to get blinded by nostalgia so I was trying to think of recent years and 2019 has been one of my favorite in recent memory. Control (one of my all time favorites), Devil May Cry 5, Apex Legends, Death Stranding, Disco Elysium, and the Resident Evil 2 remake came out that year and all 6 of those have been some the games I've enjoyed the most over the past few years.

Resident Evil 2 remake was waaaay better than I thought it would be

She/Her

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2023 @70.83 »

Never played any of the Metroid games but damn I might have to try Prime with how often people mention it

Most of the Metroid games are great, but Prime is my favourite. You're in for a treat. :grin:

If you like the Resident Evil games, they're pretty similar in design where you start out in a large map with just a few paths open and you need to go down them to find new items that'll unlock other paths.

Resident Evil 2 remake was waaaay better than I thought it would be

The only thing I dislike about the remake is Mr. X being able to freely roam the police station now. He was more annoying than scary to me. If they made it more like Alien Isolation where you could sneak around him and hide in lockers or something it would have worked better. But as it is, if he's in the way of where you need to go you either pick a longer route or just circle-strafe around him and then run past. It really hurt the pacing in my opinion.

I do think it's funny that they took RE3's main mechanic and put it in the RE2 remake, and then took it out of the RE3 remake. :P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 13
Views: 3000
Last post November 11, 2023 @846.81
by wetnoodle
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1615
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
Almost on my way to beating Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

Started by easy_breezyBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 1
Views: 1040
Last post February 24, 2022 @94.83
by OkayRelax

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi