World Wild Web > ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Webring for Pixel Dolling sites

<< < (2/5) > >>

Necrosia:
 :transport:
I will spam the webring in the discord and forum when I am done working today (I also need to join it myself) buahaha
Just recently we did a forum collab dollmaker, the name sounds cheesy but basically everybody did a lil something and we created a huge dollmaker.

I`m sorry if I seem super excited but I am just so happy to have found a fellow doller who can code and create stuff too and is super into it, lets work on all sort of projects together  :unite:

( I sent you a lil something there as a welcome gift, it doesnt show on mobile tho )

TheFrugalGamer:
Holy crap, that dollmaker is awesome!!! You all did a wonderful job with it, and I like how it's kind of unisex by default. And thank you for the boost on the webring!

Thank you for the welcome gift also! There's so much to explore over there, that I think I'm going to devote tonight to looking through all the art and games. Seems like it's a great community!

Necrosia:
@TheFrugalGamer
I was looking into joining the webring as I never did so before and I was wondering if there is any way to join without injecting javascript into my page? I realized this is common practice but I was wondering if there is any other way, maybe can I just link to the webring page?

TheFrugalGamer:
You know, I hadn't actually thought of that! Yes, I think a link back should work for now, but in the meantime I can look into setting up a non-javascript version. I could probably do it with frames and some php, so the processing would all be server side. Do you mind using frames on your site?

Necrosia:
I have another idea, I had it yesterday during insomnia so I didn’t have the time to test it out but let me know whatcha think.

This idea requires 0 javascript, 0 frames, 0 php. What if instead of using code to make the redirection to other members we used the host configuration? I am not sure if this is something all hosts allow people to do but its worth a shot.

Let's say you are member number 1, your site is Banana.
Your assigned address at the webring would be https://pixelcuties.club/1
when someone tries to access pixelcuties.club/1 they would be redirected to banana

You would place a link to pixelcuties.club/2 regardless of who it is or if it already exists.

Later I join the webring, my assigned address is https://pixelcuties.club/2.
My website is Melon
when someone tries to access pixelcuties.club/2 they would be redirected to Melon

When members join or become inactive its as simple as changing the address being redirected in the host.

If I become inactive the admin can simply change pixelcuties.club/2 to redirect to Tofu, the site of the newest member.

This way even people with only deviantart accounts can join since they need to only place a common link in their journals.

Watcha think? I will have to try it out by myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version