Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @441.71 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 48/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Core Keeper

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Core Keeper  (Read 247 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: January 12, 2024 @72.93 »

After being pesterd about it by a friend for a few weeks I finally caved and got Core Keeper recently and I finally understand why they were pestering me!

They described it to me as being like dwarf fortress, but I'd describe it a bit more like Teraria crossed with Stardew vally.

The game begins when you encounter a mysterious stone that sucks you into a cave deep underground all alone; all you have are some basic tools, no explanation, tutorial or guide; you figure the UI out as you go and you start digging. Eventually, you begin to encounter caves which are like biomes, some are filled with light and trees and cows, others are deep pools of water lit by glowing mushrooms, often though its just darkness.

It has a sense of wonder that I don't think Iv really felt since alpha Minecraft in 2010 - maybe the honeymoon will wear off (it prob will) but it feels like a genuine game (rather than a walking simulator or an overpolished studio project) and I find that exciting to see.  :grin:

Has anyone else played it? WHat are you thoughts?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2024 @155.71 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
NacreousDreams
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rockin' at the Dance of Exis

iMood: Eldridge_Jameson

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024 @118.38 »

I have not, but this is the first thing I saw after returning to the forum after a while, and it's a pleasant start to my day! Guess I'm adding it to the wishlist~♪
akesi
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024 @211.91 »

I played it for a few hours with a friend around a year ago! I really enjoyed the initial loop of discovery and exploration, but it quickly became apparent that the game was still very early access -- we ran out of things to do quite quickly, unfortunately. But it did scratch the same itch as Terraria/Stardew Valley, which was what I was looking for. And who knows how much they've added in the past year! I'll probably try it again once it's finished.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Armored Core VI on PS5

Started by starbreakerBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 339
Last post August 25, 2023 @876.05
by starbreaker

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi