Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @598.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  MelonLand Minecraft Server

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: MelonLand Minecraft Server  (Read 9498 times)
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023 @850.05 »

What's the procedure on the whole End side of things, by the way? It would be cool to do a server raid on the Ender Dragon instead of it being rushed by one person like 3 days into the server...

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023 @977.16 »

This server runs on 1.5.2 not 1.15.2  :ohdear:

Made the same mistake, not sure what is up with the old version requirement.

:ozwomp: my beloved

Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023 @766.63 »

Modified: FOUND A FIX, here it is for anyone with the same issue:

I tried to join but it looks like I can't get seem to get the 1.5.2 version to run without crashing.  :ohdear:

I have tried to do all the things that I can find online to do to get it to work but no matter what I get "exit code 1".
Things I have tried so far:
  • Close and try launching it again
  • Restart the computer
  • Reinstall the launcher
  • Reinstall the java
  • Update my drivers
  • Removed special character out of my Minecraft username

If anyone else has a solution I am all ears.  :sad:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023 @779.40 by Dojidave » Logged

Version
Casual Poster

Ver. Narrative game and mystery media lover.

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023 @909.28 »

Oh I was looking for a chill server to play this game in. Thanks for setting this up! I'm going to try it out.
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2023 @213.61 »

Oh I was looking for a chill server to play this game in. Thanks for setting this up! I'm going to try it out.

Had fun playing with you dude!  :dive: 

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2023 @498.72 »

I also joined and it's a lot of fun! :unite:
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2023 @786.57 »

Are we sure we want to keep the recommended texture pack? With it, cobblestone looks like artificially checkered tiles, which is very different from what it looks like in vanilla and most other texture packs; which can create aesthetic problems for people who don't want to use or get used to the new style.

I personally choose John Smith Legacy which has a 1.5.2 version on its official website, and also is a nostalgic texture pack.

Check out what difference it makes for a "normal" Minecraft build on the server.

* mccomparisontexturepacksmelonkingscreenshotsforminecraft152.jpg (397.06 kB, 1000x1189 - viewed 50 times.)
almostcorporeal
Casual Poster ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2023 @840.06 »

I do want to chime in with /home/user/ that I too also prefer the cobblestone more closely resembling vanilla cobble. I'm okay sticking with Joli if it's what everyone prefers but it has made me re-think some of my building materials and I've ended up just using cobble where I normally would use smooth stone bricks because I like the texture for cobble for bricks better than the smooth stone option.

All the other textures in Joli are super cute too so I'm hesitant to just be switching willy nilly TT_TT

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2023 @879.95 »

The John Smith Pack is a great find! Its actually really hard to find good 1.5.2 textures that make use of Optifine - I think I remember trying out the John pack many years ago too and it had a vibe!

I'll be sticking with Joli because Iv been using it since 2011 and I really love it (I actually have some signed prints by the artist who made it); however there's no reason we cant have multiple recommended textures!  :4u:

EDIT: (Also I think John and Joli both use the same colour tones so they are a good pair and they both begin with J  :grin: ) Iv added it to the links!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023 @896.61 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Thrillville109

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2023 @764.61 »

I know this is rather odd for a first post, but the server has been crashing on me an awful lot in the past few days. I've been traveling away from spawn at a rather brisk pace, and after about 30 minutes of sprint-jumping, the game just quits on me.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2023 @800.68 »

I think Iv fixed this issue! There server was literally crashing because of the Y2K bug; the internal clock was rolling over to -1 because the server time was too far into the future. Thankfuly I found a fixed build in the WayBackMachine, but if anyone else ever has this issue, you can also just set your server time back to like 1980 and it will fix 1.5.2 Spigot servers from crashing  :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ThySonnet190
Casual Poster

The Grapes of Great Joy

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2023 @386.63 »

Hopped on and selected a spot for my base. My base is going to be the farthest base going westward! Excited to play some more when I have the opportunity. This was one of the first versions I played when I bought Minecraft around 10 years ago!  :cool:

Have a great day!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2023 @727.37 »

@/home/user/ Do you mind if I build a railway over the water past your beach property? (It will be only 1 block wide and should provide a great view.) I'm planning to make a mini rapid transit that connects spawn to the nether portal and its the most direct and scenic rout! Otherwise I could make it go underground at that point if you prefer  :eyes:

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2023 @744.41 »

@/home/user/ Do you mind if I build a railway over the water past your beach property? (It will be only 1 block wide and should provide a great view.) I'm planning to make a mini rapid transit that connects spawn to the nether portal and its the most direct and scenic rout! Otherwise I could make it go underground at that point if you prefer  :eyes:

I don't mind at all; but are you sure it's only going to be one block wide? :] A proper bridge with railings and all sounds cool!
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2023 @43.43 »

here's the giant zombie I saw on the server today, who dropped 5 blocks of gold when I killed it :o

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonLand Wiki

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 10
Views: 2669
Last post February 25, 2023 @762.13
by sig
MelonLand Forum dream!

Started by MelooonBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 3
Views: 931
Last post August 12, 2022 @438.36
by k4jtek
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1565
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi