Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @577.53 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Do you sing/play any instruments or have been in a band?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Do you sing/play any instruments or have been in a band?  (Read 1185 times)
« on: February 25, 2023 @189.28 »

There's clearly lots of music fans here, so I'm curious how many people play music themselves.

I have been mediocre at a few different instruments, like trumpet, guitar, piano and harmonica. I usually get to the point where I can play a few songs I like and then stagnate. I played trumpet in high school band class, but definitely don't have the muscle tone in my lips to play anymore. I also sang with a few different groups of friends who were trying to start a band but we never got past practicing in the garage and playing covers in front of friends.

If I had unlimited time and no other obligations, I'd definitely dedicate it to finally starting a band for realsies.
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023 @208.22 »

i was okay at playing the cello but it was something i had to do for school. as soon as i could quit playing it i did  :ohdear: maybe i'll pick it up again in the far, far future? i also have a keyboard just because its cool but i don't use it  :drat:
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023 @231.93 »

i was okay at playing the cello but it was something i had to do for school. as soon as i could quit playing it i did  :ohdear: maybe i'll pick it up again in the far, far future? i also have a keyboard just because its cool but i don't use it  :drat:

Cello is actually an instrument that I think is super cool, but I guess the grass is always greener. When I played trumpet a lot of people thought that was so cool but I thought it was lame at the time. :P

If I could learn any concert instrument, I think it would be saxophone. I've never played a reed instrument but I suspect it'd be less painful on the lips than a brass instrument.
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023 @536.01 »

I go to classical singing classes
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023 @701.81 »

I've played piano since I was very young, but dropped it in my young adulthood for a number of reasons. The biggest was that I started to feel like it was an obligation I was doing for everyone but me, and I didn't want anything I played to feel like that.

It took me a while, but I've broken out my old synthesizer and have been playing again recently. My fingers are a bit slower, but otherwise it's like remembering to ride a bike. I had to learn to stop comparing myself to others and just be happy with the way I play, and I enjoy it a lot more now than when I was feeling like I should be the "best" and make everyone else happy.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023 @768.11 »

I do/did play the stage synthesizer and similar key instruments like the piano, harmonica and so on. We had a band and all, moderate success, but eventually I had to leave because I graduated lol.
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023 @808.25 »

I've been learning how to play the drums primarily, and really enjoy it.

Also been on and off learning Bass and Guitar, but I have a harder time with them because I struggle to tell which note is which, but with drums that isn't needed.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2023 @954.62 »

I've been learning how to play the drums primarily, and really enjoy it.

I was terrible at drums when I tried to learn. I have a really hard time coordinating different things with each hand (which has made learning piano a lot harder as well), and then throwing feet into the mix made it even more difficult. I also can't keep tempo very well and would gradually speed up and have to be told to slow down.

But I do think rhythm is really underappreciated in modern music. There are too many songs that are just constant melody with no gaps between notes, like they think they have to fill every silence.
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023 @955.34 »

Cello is actually an instrument that I think is super cool, but I guess the grass is always greener. When I played trumpet a lot of people thought that was so cool but I thought it was lame at the time. :P

you could always try it out for yourself (although i dont know how feasible that would be for you irl). i always stand up for my fellow cello( player)s!

It took me a while, but I've broken out my old synthesizer and have been playing again recently. My fingers are a bit slower, but otherwise it's like remembering to ride a bike. I had to learn to stop comparing myself to others and just be happy with the way I play, and I enjoy it a lot more now than when I was feeling like I should be the "best" and make everyone else happy.

yay! im glad you're able to enjoy that for real now :)
SilkSkull

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2023 @819.32 »

I used to play piano (like many here) and ended up stopping, I still have my old keyboard sitting around and I wanna get synths soon! I've been learning digital music production with OpenMPT and FL Studio

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Cattafang
Casual Poster ⚓︎

“Gitcy: Is good for your spleen.” - Caddicarus

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2023 @897.93 »

I play the piano! I’ve been taking lessons for 12 years now and I’m approaching the end of my final year. While I’m a bit slow when it comes to learning things 100% on my own, it’s still a pretty worthwhile time whenever I try (although my fleeting motivation for many things tends to cause me to stop after a little while before I get to learn it to a decent point,,,)
Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2023 @599.99 »

i've got a bunch of synthesizers that i tinker around with occasionally! i'm not a musician at all and have no idea how to actually play keyboards, but i love creating cool synth sounds and just jamming out with them. my favorite synths that i own are the casio CZ-1000 and the e-mu orbit 9090.

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

appleAlc

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023 @827.51 »

I play the viola! I don't necessarily think I'm great at it, but I love playing it nonetheless : 3

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2023 @26.17 »

I mostly play the bass these days

I've never had great timing though. Can hit all the notes but it sounds off

I also have an acoustic guitar but I haven't played guitar seriously in a while
tambourine

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2023 @65.90 »

I'm in a banddddddd although I like to think of it more as a rock and roll journal.
It's hard to balance expression of creativity and freedom as apposed to what the general market/media of it want - very weird space to be in industry wise, there's a lot of pressure and money involved. prodominantly on the side of promotion agents or whatever, it can be really easy to reach a sort of creative burnout with it but I truly wouldnt be much to society without music
I wish i got into djing instead lol!!!!  :ha:
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what game do u want to play but havent yet?

Started by 2010Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 53
Views: 5609
Last post October 07, 2023 @975.13
by Scootarooni
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 54
Views: 5091
Last post February 16, 2024 @496.90
by georgemoody
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 47
Views: 3687
Last post March 17, 2024 @568.10
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi