Interests Zone > © ∙ Music Room

Do you sing/play any instruments or have been in a band?

(1/5) > >>

Guest:
There's clearly lots of music fans here, so I'm curious how many people play music themselves.

I have been mediocre at a few different instruments, like trumpet, guitar, piano and harmonica. I usually get to the point where I can play a few songs I like and then stagnate. I played trumpet in high school band class, but definitely don't have the muscle tone in my lips to play anymore. I also sang with a few different groups of friends who were trying to start a band but we never got past practicing in the garage and playing covers in front of friends.

If I had unlimited time and no other obligations, I'd definitely dedicate it to finally starting a band for realsies.

teatime:
i was okay at playing the cello but it was something i had to do for school. as soon as i could quit playing it i did  :ohdear: maybe i'll pick it up again in the far, far future? i also have a keyboard just because its cool but i don't use it  :drat:

Guest:

--- Quote from: teatime on February 25, 2023 @208.22 ---i was okay at playing the cello but it was something i had to do for school. as soon as i could quit playing it i did  :ohdear: maybe i'll pick it up again in the far, far future? i also have a keyboard just because its cool but i don't use it  :drat:

--- End quote ---

Cello is actually an instrument that I think is super cool, but I guess the grass is always greener. When I played trumpet a lot of people thought that was so cool but I thought it was lame at the time. :P

If I could learn any concert instrument, I think it would be saxophone. I've never played a reed instrument but I suspect it'd be less painful on the lips than a brass instrument.

Cele:
I go to classical singing classes

TheFrugalGamer:
I've played piano since I was very young, but dropped it in my young adulthood for a number of reasons. The biggest was that I started to feel like it was an obligation I was doing for everyone but me, and I didn't want anything I played to feel like that.

It took me a while, but I've broken out my old synthesizer and have been playing again recently. My fingers are a bit slower, but otherwise it's like remembering to ride a bike. I had to learn to stop comparing myself to others and just be happy with the way I play, and I enjoy it a lot more now than when I was feeling like I should be the "best" and make everyone else happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version