Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @551.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Christmas trees!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Christmas trees!  (Read 244 times)
crow-queen
Casual Poster ⚓︎

What does this do

iMood: crowqueen

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« on: December 17, 2023 @883.99 »

the forum is all dressed up for Christmas! for those of you who celebrate, i was wondering whether you put your christmas tree up yet? i'd love to see how you decorated. for those who don't - do you celebrate something else this time of year which you decorate for? feel free to share! i'd love to see that too.

here is my tree! it's a narrow model because my last tree was too large, and i don't have a very good concept of size. i have cats, so i don't decorate much close to the bottom of the tree, since last year they damaged a lot of my ornaments. i also don't use plastic tinsel because i worry about them eating it and needing an expensive trip to the vets - i made fabric tinsel instead so that they would be less inclined to eat it.
i didn't do much else to decorate, but i did put the christmas furby out.

brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023 @909.46 »

Our tree looks fairly normal this year. Last year however, the cats decided to destroy it just after we finished decorating it and broke the base. This is what it looked like for the entire time it was up.

* christmas-2022.jpg (368.48 kB, 2048x2048 - viewed 15 times.)
virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023 @941.13 »

I don't have a picture of it on hand unfortunately, but you might find interesting at the house I was going to a party at a few weeks ago their Christmas trees were all hung with Halloween decorations, which I found really amusing. Skeletons and ghosts and whatnot. They hosted a Halloween costume party in December, how wild is that? it was a great party though, almost everyone played along with the idea. I'll see if I can find some photos of it if anyone is interested.

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
aribluejeans
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/they

iMood: aribluejeans

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023 @16.61 »

Pretty budget-friendly tree, but I love it! It's not a very full fake tree, but for what I paid, it's incredible. I worked at a store that sold all of the display trees at the end of the season to employees for 90% off. I paid a whopping $4 for this little tree. Totally worth stringing on the lights myself (okay, so, my spouse does that part) and spending forever fluffing the branches.

tomyatemo
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023 @89.25 »

This is mine! The reindeer plushie near the top is a gift a teacher gave me when I finished high school.
crow-queen
Casual Poster ⚓︎

What does this do

iMood: crowqueen

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023 @639.91 »

Pretty budget-friendly tree, but I love it! It's not a very full fake tree, but for what I paid, it's incredible. I worked at a store that sold all of the display trees at the end of the season to employees for 90% off. I paid a whopping $4 for this little tree. Totally worth stringing on the lights myself (okay, so, my spouse does that part) and spending forever fluffing the branches.
this is so nice! it looks similar to my tree but i paid a bit more than that since it was a full price purchase haha. i really love how you've decorated it.

This is mine! The reindeer plushie near the top is a gift a teacher gave me when I finished high school.
that's super cute! congrats on finishing  :omg:

I don't have a picture of it on hand unfortunately, but you might find interesting at the house I was going to a party at a few weeks ago their Christmas trees were all hung with Halloween decorations, which I found really amusing. Skeletons and ghosts and whatnot. They hosted a Halloween costume party in December, how wild is that? it was a great party though, almost everyone played along with the idea. I'll see if I can find some photos of it if anyone is interested.
that sounds super cool! i'd love to see some pictures of it if you get the chance. i love halloween. i was going to get a bat garland yesterday but it was way more expensive than i wanted to spend. but i do still have a couple of my halloween decorations about anyway haha.

Our tree looks fairly normal this year. Last year however, the cats decided to destroy it just after we finished decorating it and broke the base. This is what it looked like for the entire time it was up.
lol i relate to this. i'm surprised my cats haven't knocked my tree over yet this year! they keep trying to use it as a scratching post today  :ohdear:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

Christmas present ideas! What are you getting people & hoping for?

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 11
Views: 375
Last post November 28, 2023 @936.72
by Scootarooni
your favorite 'sad' or unconventional christmas music

Started by freaksaintBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 11
Views: 409
Last post February 03, 2024 @683.23
by glitchlynx

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi