Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @451.66 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  ASCII Macros/Copypastas

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ASCII Macros/Copypastas  (Read 874 times)
neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 09, 2023 @943.67 »

ok, i'm not really sure if there is a proper name for these... but i am thinking about stuff like this that people posted all over profiles / comments / etc:

☻/ This is bob. Copy and paste him so he can take over youtube.
/▌
/\
╔═╦══╦═╗ Put this on your
║╩╣║║║║║ site if you support
╚═╩╩╩╩═╝ Emos
╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗Put This On
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║Your Channel If
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╚╗╔╝You Are Or
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝ ╚╝Support Furrys
█ 10% Playing NOT ON CP (present neo edit: this means CLUB PENGUIN)
██ 20% CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_e
███ 30% Pictures
████ 40% Animations
█████ 50% Pokemon lover! ( crazy for zangoose, umbreon, and espeon! )
██████ 60% LAZYYYYYYY
███████ 70% Animal Lover
████████ 80% Friendly :3
█████████ 90% Noob Animator
██████████ 100% Manga, Anime, Chracter creating, WAFFLEZ FREAK! :3

│▌║█▌│█│║║│║██│║█│
®*ΘЯIGINAL CHANNEL*®
αℓℓ яїgнтs яεsεяvεd
cσρчяїgнт ©2010 ForestStar7

some were just messages for you to copy/paste everywhere, others (like the % and copyright messages) were intended to be personalized. i am wondering, is there a database of these? or even personal collections scattered across people's websites? do you have any to share? i've tried looking, but i mostly come up with more modern versions like twitch memes :notgood:

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023 @24.24 »

Have you tried looking through the ASCII Art Archive? https://www.asciiart.eu/

You might also find something good on Curlie.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023 @598.94 »

I know it's a pet peeve but that's actually not ASCII at all that you posted. It's ANSI, or Unicode, depending on the encoding you use.
neoratz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ଘ(+ ໖_໖) tastes funny

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: neoratz

View Profile WWW

Won the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023 @842.86 »

Have you tried looking through the ASCII Art Archive? https://www.asciiart.eu/

You might also find something good on Curlie.
i've browsed the ASCII Art Archive and i think it's really cool, but i'm looking more for really widespread macros which i don't think it has a lot of V_V Curlie is new to me though, i'll definitely look around with it! i have a feeling i should also try checking old deviantART profiles and blogs for MMORPGS... i have a feeling there will be lots of stuff floating around :cheerR:

I know it's a pet peeve but that's actually not ASCII at all that you posted. It's ANSI, or Unicode, depending on the encoding you use.
oh thanks for letting me know! maybe i can find more if i use ANSI and Unicode in my search terms :ozwomp:

i promised i'm not alone in heaven... ˖˚
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023 @207.14 »

oh thanks for letting me know! maybe i can find more if i use ANSI and Unicode in my search terms :ozwomp:

There used to be a really edgy subculture around creating ANSI art by hand that was really similar to the early hacker, cracker and demoscene. It was simply called ANSI scene and it'd mostly consists of groups of artists who got together and regularly released downloadable packages of ANSI art for people to admire. It is kinda like the game piracy subculture these days, so a lot of pseudonyms, beefs between rivaling groups, and constant contests for the best.

So, this is ANSI art.

ANSI is usually immediately recognizable because it almost looks like pixelart; since the ANSI specification has full-width blocks in many variations.
ASCII on the other hand uses "normal" Latin symbols only with a bit of punctuation thrown in.

This is ASCII art:

And Unicode has a fuckton of symbols, including emoji, plenty of the world's writing systems and many many useful symbols. It's the encoding we are all probably going to use while browsing right now. It's the up to date standard for encoding writing these days. There isn't a Unicode art subculture though as far as I know.
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023 @660.67 »

How do i make ASCII art? It seems very interesting and i would like to put it on my site. I’ve never made it before but it looks easy enough.
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023 @697.84 »

ooh i have a few examples! here are the ones my friends left on my steam profile in 2016:

░░░▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█▀▀██▐███▀▀██▐████
█░░█▌████░░█▌█████
█░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀░█
█░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░█
█░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░█
░█░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░█
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
It's COOL to be gay!
Post this on the wall of a homosexual friend and tell them how COOL they are

YOU JUST GOT HIT BY

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅|█
▄██THE YURI TANK███▅▄▃▂
█████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║hi loren
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

*i remember this one going around with a more standard "put this knife on your profile if you are ____" but this is the example i have :omg:k:

PSYRRY BUT I'M DELETING YOU FROM MY GANGNAM! (clicks delete!) LOADING... ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 99%................................ OPPA! It is impossible to delete our friendship.You mean so much to me. Post this to 1O sexy ladies walls who you never want to lose. If you get 3 back, you're an amazing style.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023 @864.38 »

How do i make ASCII art? It seems very interesting and i would like to put it on my site. I’ve never made it before but it looks easy enough.

For simple one or two liners it's not really different from just typing a smiley.

Like this, a rose: --',-'-@

For larger ones, make sure you have a monospace editor (e.g. all symbols are the same width) and get comfortable with the Insert key.
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023 @118.60 »

There used to be a really edgy subculture around creating ANSI art by hand that was really similar to the early hacker, cracker and demoscene. It was simply called ANSI scene and it'd mostly consists of groups of artists who got together and regularly released downloadable packages of ANSI art for people to admire. It is kinda like the game piracy subculture these days, so a lot of pseudonyms, beefs between rivaling groups, and constant contests for the best.

So, this is ANSI art.

ANSI is usually immediately recognizable because it almost looks like pixelart; since the ANSI specification has full-width blocks in many variations.
ASCII on the other hand uses "normal" Latin symbols only with a bit of punctuation thrown in.

This is ASCII art:

And Unicode has a fuckton of symbols, including emoji, plenty of the world's writing systems and many many useful symbols. It's the encoding we are all probably going to use while browsing right now. It's the up to date standard for encoding writing these days. There isn't a Unicode art subculture though as far as I know.

This is so interesting! Thank you for sharing,

Just found this website: -link redacted-
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023 @376.10 by Onio » Logged

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023 @279.65 »

This is so interesting! Thank you for sharing,

Just found this website:

Are you sure you want to promote that? It has an overtly neo-nazi ANSI pack as a featured creation on its main page, swastika and all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023 @569.04 by /home/user/ » Logged
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023 @378.44 »

Are you sure you want to promote that? It has an overtly neo-nazi ANSI pack as a featured creation on its main page, swastika and all.

I didn't see that, my apologies. More or less skimmed through one or two collections, and moved on. I forget that not everything is great on the Internet. I've removed the link from my post, maybe redact it in your quote as well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023 @381.98 by Onio » Logged

N

i've been skrunkled!!!!!!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023 @915.03 »

ver y cool
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2023 @734.61 »

bob takes me back lol!

on final fantasy xiv you still see these sometimes getting pasted into party chat (or accidentally into group chats when someone forgets to switch :P)
|(゚ω゚)━ヽニニフ    Do you want Wipe ?                 |
|  ───           Voulez-vous Wipe ?        |
|   ______   ______   ______       |
|   |  はい(Y)   | |  YES(Y)| |  OUI(Y)|    |
|    ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄    ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄    ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄    |

^ this one is quite funny though it looks a bit odd outside the game

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi