Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @710.24 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 58/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Cyberpunk media

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cyberpunk media  (Read 532 times)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: March 28, 2023 @32.07 »

So I've been on a huge cyberpunk kick recently, watching Edge-runners, reading Neuromancer, hopefully getting cyberpunk soon (steam sales are looking tempting). This has left me thirsting for any cyberpunk type media, if anyone has any I would absolutely love recommendations or even just hearing your opinion on the genre and what you think of the mentioned media!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023 @760.42 »

I quite like the genre! I should probably get around to getting ahold of the ttrpg at some point.
Ultimately, part of why I like Cyberpunk is part of why I often prefer sci-fi & urban fantasy (VtM's term "gothic punk") to many more "traditional" fantasy settings: it can comment upon society & the modern day much more easily. Cyberpunk as a genre serving as a critique of capitalism (at least originally & in theory)is definitely a major reason why I like it so much.
I believe that the New World of Darkness system has an expansion called Bleeding Edge that touches upon such a genre & setting, I should probably try to get ahold of it.

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023 @8.48 »

I quite like the genre! I should probably get around to getting ahold of the ttrpg at some point.
Ultimately, part of why I like Cyberpunk is part of why I often prefer sci-fi & urban fantasy (VtM's term "gothic punk") to many more "traditional" fantasy settings: it can comment upon society & the modern day much more easily. Cyberpunk as a genre serving as a critique of capitalism (at least originally & in theory)is definitely a major reason why I like it so much.
I believe that the New World of Darkness system has an expansion called Bleeding Edge that touches upon such a genre & setting, I should probably try to get ahold of it.

That's something I totally forgot to mention, Cyberpunk as a genre has a deep importance to me because of it's anti-capitalist messages as well as it talking about AI, tech, bioenhancements (I have a bunch of thoughts on this actually) and security. I'd love to give Bleeding Edge a try! I've played the cyberpunk ttrpg and shadowrun just a bit and I love them!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Social Media is dangerous

Started by Cobra!Board ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 70
Views: 10960
Last post March 19, 2024 @115.95
by virtue
What is your favourite piece of lost media/One you want found the most?

Started by Kitchen StaffBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 42
Views: 3525
Last post April 11, 2024 @781.89
by WynnDawnstrider
Pieces of media that changed you?

Started by VersionBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 2764
Last post September 19, 2023 @87.23
by doomvega

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi