Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

introducing... me!

(1/1)

sabweenie:
greetings! :ha:

i hope i am posting this in the right place. hello! i'm sabrin, or rin for short. i am a 20 something year old college student who grew up on the internet, essentially. the past few months i've been feeling really nostolgic about the corners of the internet i was really into as a kid, until i realized i could recreate that myself! i have been re-discovering websites that hold onto parts of the old web that i loved so dearly and stumbled upon this page! what a world. :grin:

i study sociology and computer science in school, and i really love web design. i love how creative you're allowed to get with it. i use my personal webpage (which you can find at sabrin.party) as sort of a blog, but being a full-time student and working 2 jobs means i usually don't have much going on in my life. so i guess it is primarily used as a media log and place to write about all my tv/book/movie opinions. media analysis is my favorite thing to do in the whole wide world  :melon: my favorite show Ever is hunter x hunter, but some current favorite media Artifacts (animanga, regular schmegular tv, games, etc.) are: jujutsu kaisen, omori, sense8, riverdale, and erased  :ok:

off the internet, i like hiking and hanging out in places where there's lots of wildlife. bonus points if there's fruit for me to pick or veggies to dig up from the ground. foraging in the wilderness heals the soul...

well, i've run out of things to say. i hope to learn new things on here and make some cool e-friends! ok byeeeeee

Guest:
Hey, welcome to the forums! I am also a twenty-something in academia (linguistics and computational linguistics, so pretty close to your combination!)

I came here basically the same way: missed some aspects of the web I grew up with and found a world of wonder.

SilkSkull:
Hey! You seem super cool  :omg:  I've been meaning to watch Hunter x Hunter but I've been watching so many other shows, maybe I'll give it a start tonight  :grin: I hope you enjoy the forums!!!

Melooon:
Hi, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Cool site! I love the contrast and the backgrounds - plus the enforced waiting on the landing page is a great touch - that kinda non-rapid webdesign is right up my ally  :grin: (Also thank you for the links!)
Also this is an excellent intro post, I appreciate the tactical use of spin! Id be interested to know how sociology and computer science relate for you and why you picked them.

What a world! I hope you enjoy your time here  :ozwomp:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

sabweenie:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 05, 2023 @481.13 ---Hey, welcome to the forums! I am also a twenty-something in academia (linguistics and computational linguistics, so pretty close to your combination!)

I came here basically the same way: missed some aspects of the web I grew up with and found a world of wonder.

--- End quote ---

Woah! This is a very cool combination. And also pretty similar to what I'm studying! If I could add a third major, it'd be linguistics. But alas... there's only so much my wee brain can handle all at once! I love going down etymonline.com rabbit holes when I'm bored. I hope to be able to study it for real later on in my life, though.  :cool:

(Also, I'm not quite sure how to reply on this forum, so I hope quoting everybody like this is alright...)

--- Quote from: SilkSkull on March 05, 2023 @699.13 ---Hey! You seem super cool  :omg:  I've been meaning to watch Hunter x Hunter but I've been watching so many other shows, maybe I'll give it a start tonight  :grin: I hope you enjoy the forums!!!

--- End quote ---

Thanks, friend! I'm glad you think so. I know this reply is very late, but I hope you got around to watching Hunter X Hunter! And if so, I hope you enjoyed it. I think it's one of those shows anybody can enjoy.  :chef:

--- Quote from: Melooon on March 05, 2023 @880.17 ---Hi, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Cool site! I love the contrast and the backgrounds - plus the enforced waiting on the landing page is a great touch - that kinda non-rapid webdesign is right up my ally  :grin: (Also thank you for the links!)
Also this is an excellent intro post, I appreciate the tactical use of spin! Id be interested to know how sociology and computer science relate for you and why you picked them.

What a world! I hope you enjoy your time here  :ozwomp:

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your kind words!  :happy: I'm glad you liked my landing page. I am a firm believer waiting for things like webpages to load. It's something I remember so vividly growing up on the internet, and while inefficient, I still find it charming. I also just think it's good to get used to waiting for things. In a world where we're all moving so fast all the time (at least in my world, city living is fast) I have started to find joy in slowing things down a bit. So, I wanted to translate that in the smallest of ways into my site.

I thought computer science and sociology would be cool to study together because not enough STEM students are required to take or care about humanities courses, so I wanted to fill that gap in knowledge. I figured since sociology is the study of society, and computers are so closely intertwined with our society, there must be so much to learn about how it effects us! In ways beyond health effects or quality of life (which is what recent studies usually focus on). So that's really what I'm interested in. My other (and more shallow, I guess) reason is that I love studying sociology, but computer science is what makes me money!  :cool:

:transport:

I appreciate these messages on my intro post so much. Y'all are cool! Going to explore more forums now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version