Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @174.04 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 52/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Video game ideas that cannot be realized today

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Video game ideas that cannot be realized today  (Read 457 times)
« on: March 07, 2023 @701.22 »

Hey there,
I have been thinking a lot lately how to incorporate my soon-to-be computational linguistics degree in indie game development and I had a cool idea:

Imagine a game where you work for a marketing/PR mill and had to, as fast as possible, write scathing (or glowing, or neutral) reviews for media or products presented to you in rapid succession. The stronger your impromptu reviews fit the theme, the more points you get; but you cannot reuse the strong words you used again as the round goes on (that means, you cannot write "awesome" to everything and get max points)!

The technology to automatically rate the "sentiment" of a given input and how strong its emotional implications are exists today and is called sentiment analysis, it's actually quite popular in computational linguistics.

So I thought I'd do it; but I ran into the issue that all the popular and public sentiment analysis models cannot handle sarcasm, cynicism, double negatives or even double meanings, at all! "This movie made me ecstatic only when it was finally over!!" would be rated as a glowing review as it contained the positive words "ecstatic" and "finally"!

So, I have a perfectly fine video game idea with cool tech behind it, but I just cannot realize it because technology is not there yet. :angry:

It seems to me like there must be a lot of game ideas that technology, or perhaps social progress, or the gaming scene, will not allow today.
Do you have any? Share 'em!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1701
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 247
Views: 21041
Last post April 23, 2024 @951.50
by DiffydaDude
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1858
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi