Interests Zone > ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Drama (like Shakespeare or Sondheim)

(1/2) > >>

appleAlc:
We don't seem to have much discussion of the theatre (I mean the theatre, not the cinema / theater) / the art of drama in this forum (or if we do, I couldn't find it), so I figured I should make a thread for it.
My personal dream roles are Medea (from Euripides's Medea), Rosaura / La Signora in the Commedia dell'Arte, & Candela from the musical Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. I wish I could play Carmen in her eponymous opera, but uh. I am a deeper voiced doll, not quite the type to play a soprano prima donna, though I wish I could : (.
Though I'm currently the wardrobe mistress (in charge of costume organisation, maintenance, etc) and a stagehand for my school's spring musical (A production of Seussical), I kind of wish I auditioned.

Guest:
I recently saw Saša Stanišić's "Herkunft", it was very cool and left an emotional imprint. Theatre can certainly do something to your emotions that other forms of media often can't.

dotmidi:
Sorry I just saw the title and have to say: I LOVE SONDHEIM'S WORK SO MUCH!!  :ozwomp:

Company is my favorite musical ever lol..

appleAlc:
Figured I should pop in to say that the Seussical production went well

appleAlc:
I was recently reminded of it, so. Opinions on Repo! The Genetic Opera?
It holds a special place in my heart, even if some of the singing is...sub-par.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version