Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @336.13 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 52/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Anyone here a student? How's school going?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone here a student? How's school going?  (Read 641 times)
soop
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mmmm... soup

iMood: soop

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Soul SoupJoined 2023!
« on: October 27, 2023 @887.40 »

I'm in my first year of starting a PhD, and ermmm it's kinda kicking my ass

Just wanted to commiserate with any other students here in this forum, I do really enjoy what I do and going to school, but everything stacking up can be so tough!

Jari says: Check out Soop's Hermitage!
seraph
Casual Poster ⚓︎

you're telling me a queer coded this?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023 @19.11 »

I'm not in college yet, but I'm in my last year of Highschool and its okay so far. I don't particularly like or dislike any of the classes, but I will say, I'm not great at English and Spanish (that's kind of ironic). Right now I have this essay I have to finish for English, and its just hard to sit down for hours and try to write about things I don't want to write about, but it is what it is. And Spanish is just difficult to memorize, I need to practice it more. I get what you mean though, I've definitely failed a few classes in my years... for me at least, once I'm in a hole, its hard to find motivation to dig out (apparently its because I have the perfectionist bug but anyway), I guess trying to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel helps. That and not beating yourself up for it

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023 @245.95 »

I'm taking community collage while in high school, while I do like some classes it's still stressful for me, I'm also trying to talk with more people this time around (including people who are the opposite gender as me) which is not going well. I'm also required to learn a second language so I am currently taking sign language.

In short I am going threw a lot.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023 @248.32 by Icelogist » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023 @663.83 »

It's going good, I'm not failing a class for once!  :ha:

This is my first semester at community college after I got everything transferred over from my old 4 year uni. "Well rin why didn't you just go to community in the first place?" Highschool drama related reasons Mr. Strawman. I also dreaded my time at university because of the same highschool drama. If I didn't have transportation issues last year I would have toughed it out but I'm glad I transferred. I don't have any people in my classes I'd call my friends but there's a couple people that are pretty chill, I might see if I can add them somewhere and start chatting. :grin:

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
BritKnee
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: britknee
iMood: BritKnee

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2023 @9.07 »

I'm 15, If it werent for my mental health, I'd probably much better at school. I get hyperfocused on advanced lessons for certain subjects whilst neglecting others, I then get stressed about my lack of knowledge in the other redundant lessons, which then causes me to start major procrastination.

I wish I could just specialize already.

TrAnarchoCommunist Extraordinaire

MSN: britknee14
sokil
Casual Poster

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023 @36.11 »

currently, i'm in my final year of undergrad. it's been a real slog - lots of work while feeling bored with most of the classes i'm taking this semester. there weren't too many interesting ones to pick from, and the timeslots for the classes weren't ideal with everything else happening in my life at the moment...planning for next semester is looking the same at the moment :/
the only nice thing about this semester is that i'm getting my big senior project out of the way, so regardless of how the schedule looks for my final semester, it'll basically only be random electives. really hoping i can find stuff that keeps me interested and somewhat engaged though.

CATBYTE
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cat’s out of the bag!

iMood: catbyte
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023 @79.86 »

in my second year of film undergrad

it's been a time for sure, but hey... i get to do stuff i'm interested in 5% of the time which is pretty big compared to the 0% in high school  :tnt:

meow!
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2023 @130.50 »

I started an evening course at a college called “Introduction to Digital Video”, and it’s essentially teaching the basics of filmmaking. I plan to have FMVs in my games, so this will be very useful knowledge!

Half way through the course, and I’m enjoying it. We are tasked with making a mockumentary. I’ve just finished the storyboards and script, and casted some acotrs, and by actors I mean fellow students because that’s all we have at our disposal, and am going to start filming next week!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
georgemoody
Jr. Member ⚓︎

To Tux or not to Tux, that is the question

StatusCafe: georgemoody
iMood: georgemoody

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2023 @517.85 »

Started high school this year (I believe the equivalent would be sophomore for any Americans here) and it’s been heavy on me, especially in the math department; which considering that I’ve chosen the mathematics branch, isn’t good. other than that though, no complaints.

I have no idea what I’m doing.
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2023 @32.97 »

its been a while since ive logged onto melonland, and while school hasn't been the sole factor, it is one of them. university is both a much needed kick in the ass and a painful one.
night-at-the-musian
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rule 1: Throw the bone!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2023 @127.06 »

Last year of my bachelor's; stressed to hell. I'm gonna get through it, but I'm gonna complain the whole time.

Tiny Roman Appreciator

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

hello !! heres some art of mine C:

Started by 2010Board ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 2925
Last post August 24, 2023 @939.38
by 2010
School and dreams

Started by ArtisTheFoxBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1867
Last post April 11, 2024 @170.87
by wygolvillage
Things You Wish You'd Been Taught In School

Started by GuestBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 2594
Last post September 10, 2023 @482.20
by wygolvillage

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi