Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

yes hi hello

<< < (2/3) > >>

tetrisk:

--- Quote from: Melooon on March 12, 2023 @769.57 ---Hi there, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Your site is super intriguing, I love the pacing and the anticipation of that warp field; I hope you keep it up and add more like that  :grin: It can be really hard to force yourself to slow down a visitors experience; modern site design tells us to make info available as fast as possible, but there is so much power in a delay.

All types of soup are valid; do you make it yourself? Also yeah! Abandoned online spaces are fascinating, I wish more of them existed, they tend to go poof; I read a weird young adults fiction when I was little called Exodus, it was set after global warming killed most people and this girl is exploring an abandoned online world that's just filled with mountains of abandoned media, and she randomly meets another person exploring etc etc - It had a big impact on me  :ozwomp:

Hope you enjoy your time!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!
--- End quote ---

Thank you! I had lots of fun making the different warp animations :D

That book sounds interesting, I'm gonna check it out. Abandoned online worlds are very interesting, they were once filled with life and now you can only explore and try to put together what it must've been like. I have even found books in some minecraft servers and signs stating when a person was last there. It's a really fun kind of exploration while you put some dark ambient music in the background. Hell I might even share screenshots here when I do it again hahaha

moon:
your site is so cool!! i'm really new to this web revival world and truly i've never seen a website like that before. i can't wait to see what else you create.

i've never even considered abandoned online worlds. would definitely be interested to see screenshots of your future explorations/expeditions!

teatime:
your website is super cool! can't wait to learn more about the little guy on your homepage :ok: i like them a lot!

kandeez:
welcome!!! your site is so fresh! i will admit i'm not used to slowing down and reading everything so it did take me two rounds of going through your lair to really take in and appreciate what you did but i'm obsessed. i checked out your twitter and your super good at art! i love your anthro style, i used to draw anthro quite often, but could never get past busts so i commend your ability to make full bodies. do you have any abandoned minecraft servers you frequent or recommend??

tetrisk:

--- Quote from: moon on March 15, 2023 @124.81 ---your site is so cool!! i'm really new to this web revival world and truly i've never seen a website like that before. i can't wait to see what else you create.

i've never even considered abandoned online worlds. would definitely be interested to see screenshots of your future explorations/expeditions!

--- End quote ---

Thank you! Yeah this whole web revival thing caught my attention when I joined last year. I remember back when youtube let you really customize your page. Sections, backgrounds, and then... they freaking took that all away. When I found out about neocities, I knew I wanted in. So much creative freedom!  :ozwomp:

And I'll definitely share my expeditions, both here and on my site (when I finish it lol)

--- Quote from: teatime on March 15, 2023 @145.83 ---your website is super cool! can't wait to learn more about the little guy on your homepage :ok: i like them a lot!

--- End quote ---

I'll let you in on a little secret, its name is Jackal. I just made its design on the spot, wanted some kind of snake-machine thing hahaha. It's in charge of keeping the site in order. Its voice was made using https://15.ai/ (though it seems to be offline atm).

--- Quote from: kandeez on March 15, 2023 @196.38 ---welcome!!! your site is so fresh! i will admit i'm not used to slowing down and reading everything so it did take me two rounds of going through your lair to really take in and appreciate what you did but i'm obsessed. i checked out your twitter and your super good at art! i love your anthro style, i used to draw anthro quite often, but could never get past busts so i commend your ability to make full bodies. do you have any abandoned minecraft servers you frequent or recommend??

--- End quote ---

Thank you! Yeah, the way I'm designing my site, it will basically reward you with taking things slow. Exploration will be encouraged hehe. I'm a big fan of secret puzzles and eastereggs, I'm trying to make it a big part of the site. It's weird cuz it can sorta feel like also making a game? idk what I'm doing. Also I'd love to art trade sometime if you're interested! I love seeing my characters in other artists' art styles!  :ozwomp:  About minecraft servers, I usually go searching online for anarchy servers with zero players online, tho I don't have any saved, I usually just connect directly. They're easy to find, and pretty straightforward. They usually don't use plugins, so you just log on, explore, and survive. Put some dark music in the background, and you feel like you're exploring the ruins of an abandoned world.

You can try looking through these. It can take a few tries before finding a good one:

* https://www.reddit.com/r/MinecraftAnarchy/
* https://best-minecraft-servers.co/minecraft-anarchy-servers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version