Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @874.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  Official Websites for Books

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Official Websites for Books  (Read 415 times)
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: July 02, 2023 @851.56 »

Someone suggested that I should make a website for a children's book we've been planning to publish (I did the illustrations), and I've in the search for official websites for books (e.g. Scholastic). Do you know any good ones?

Web design is my passion!

manrevisited
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Some Guy, TM

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023 @861.79 »

I don't think I know of any websites for children's books, specifically, especially of the scale of effort you're probably asking about. FunBrain at one point in time had a lot of stuff for the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, since they were published there as a webcomic first, but I think it's more common for authors to have websites that have pages about their various books. Dan Pilkey has a nice page for each Captain Underpants book with the cover, the blurb, a preview button for the first chapter, and a couple of little coloring book pages. That feels very doable to me.

But this post did remind me of my very favorite promotional material for any book ever: the interactive browser game (created by Failbetter Games) that preceded the publishing of Erin Morgenstern's The Night Circus. The original link is dead now, and probably a lot of the custom formatting along with it, but it does look like they're still hosting a version of it on the interactive story-game-maker they came out with later on down the line. It's just such a fun world, and concept, and the visuals combined with the mysterious air of the Night Circus were pretty incredible.

I do feel like that sort of thing used to be more common for book and movie releases alike, in the old web days, with fun little extras and character blogs and even flash games, but I'm having a hard time remembering any of them now. Oh! Other than Warrior Cats! (Not sure what age you've written the book for, but everybody loves a personality quiz. ;) )
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023 @43.84 »

Someone suggested that I should make a website for a children's book we've been planning to publish (I did the illustrations), and I've in the search for official websites for books (e.g. Scholastic). Do you know any good ones?

Wait, isn't Scholastic a publisher? It makes sense that a publisher would have a website, with pages for authors and their books.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 247
Views: 21135
Last post April 23, 2024 @951.50
by DiffydaDude
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5468
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3370
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi