Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

hello new internet friends!!

(1/2) > >>

moon:
hi everyone!! i'm moon, she/her, i'm 36 years old and i live in a major US city. i'm currently in grad school and i stumbled upon neocities, the web revival, and this lovely forum while i was doing research for my thesis paper, which is about early 2000s websites. i cannot express how charmed i am to have found myself here! i taught myself html out of a library book circa 1998, and spent much of my free time in high school designing websites.

i do have a couple of websites currently, but they are more public-facing and i'd like to experiment with keeping my real-world identity separate from my web identity for a bit :) however, once i have a few free hours i'm very excited to try creating a neocities page.

i'm into writing, sewing, witchcraft, making things generally. i love late night conversations and exploring cities, i love the ocean as well.

i've been lurking for a couple of days and i'm especially excited to see how kind people are on this forum. from what i see so far, it's an absolute treasure of a community!

Necrosia:
Hello and welcome aboard, so glad to have another senior internet citizen! You can sit on the elders table together with me   :unite:
hehe jokes aside!

A bunch of peeps here have alternate online personalities, it's very healthy and not a problem at all! I honestly can't wait to see what you will come up with once you create your own neocities.

What particular aspect of the early 2000s websites you are researching about? And on a side question, what's your latest sewing project? I just made a doll clothing, sewing is so great, it really soothes the mind

j:
welcome!! awesome topic to do a thesis on, howd that go? :D

witchcraft is cool! are you into it as an aesthetic or is is a spiritual thing? /gq
ive personally found myself closely drawn to druidry spiritually :))

hope you have fun on the forum!!

kandeez:
hi welcome!! i'm super happy you've found this!! i hope your thesis is going well so far! being that i learned html completely online i'm super interested in whether or not there's a difference in learning it on the web vs through a book. the completely computer dependent person in me seems to think it would be hard to transfer everything from pages to screens, but also having that reference next to you while trying to work on a site sounds amazing though. is there anything you've sewn recently that you're super proud of??

levya:
hi, welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make on neocities!

I also love late night conversations though lately I've been more of a morning person haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version