Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @724.88 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 36/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Classic Radio Shows

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Classic Radio Shows  (Read 621 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: November 08, 2022 @745.69 »

Iv been listening to The Shadow today and it really reminded me how much I used to like listening to late night radio stories my dad would put on AM radio at night to stop the house getting lonely. Also for anyone whos like.. too young.. There used to be like fiction TV series.. but on the radio :omg:k: Do you know any, do you like any??

Some that people might enjoy!

The Shadow episode 1 (1937)
Action; Superhero "The Shadow" fights mobsters using magic powers he learned in India?

The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy episode 1 (197:cool: (Click to get the full playlist)
Sci-Fi Comedy; A man explores the galaxy after earth is destroyed to make way for a space highway.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022 @930.97 »

It's not quite the same as what you mentioned, but I used to love Welcome to Nightvale.

https://www.welcometonightvale.com

To anyone unfamiliar, it's set up as a radio news broadcast in a small town where every conspiracy and supernatural thing you can think of is real, but they're reported on as mundane, everyday events.

I eventually stopped listening because it became too serialized and was more about the established characters and their relationships than the town itself and the weird things that happen there. But the early episodes are amazing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022 @932.20 by MamboGator » Logged
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023 @912.00 »

The radio vesion of Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy was great. I taped it, the cassettes should be lying around somewhere. The TV series was good, the film was OK. The play I saw of it was the funniest thing. The curtain opened, and all there was on stage was a doll's house. A little RC bulldozer came on stage and tried to demolish it, then it just got sillier and funnier.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023 @59.28 »

radio vesion of Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy was great
I saw the movie when I was about 12 and loved it; so I listened to the whole radio show on CD and loved it even more - it's got so much in it it makes the movie seem tame in comparison.

Spoiler
I particularly loved that all of humanity descended from hapless telephone repairmen who could not decide on what colour the wheel should be before they invented it :ok:
[close]

It's definitely worth a listen; multiple times even!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023 @73.84 »

Lots of British shows appeared on radio before they were made into TV programs like Red Dwarf (science fiction) and The League of Gentlemen (horror comedy). During the day I preferred listening to the radio, usuually the pirate Radio Caroline which was broadcast from a ship out in the North Sea, but BBC Radio 4 had great programming, like the above series, quiz shows and some good radio plays. Daytime TV at the time was usally full of soaps and not very interesting to me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Object shows and the awesomeness of them.

Started by chippychildBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 1
Views: 571
Last post December 19, 2022 @854.68
by Icey!
cool stuff to do with a classic mac?

Started by Frost SheridanBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 5
Views: 530
Last post May 17, 2023 @878.63
by Frost Sheridan
Internet Radio

Started by SoflyBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 11
Views: 927
Last post January 16, 2024 @476.31
by Gans

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi