Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @77.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  yes hi hello

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: yes hi hello  (Read 648 times)
tetrisk
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: March 12, 2023 @178.67 »

:pc:

Hello! I've come across this forum a few times, so I thought why not just make an account?

I'm an amateur artist who has been learning web dev for the past few months. I've been making my personal website and I'm pretty exited about it! What I have up right now is just a placeholder, I'm mostly working behind the scenes on VScode. I love sites where it feels like you're exploring an actual location, so it's the kind of vibe I'm going for. I'll probably share a few sneak peeks here. I freaking love adding interactive stuff and easter eggs.

I also love drawing, and most of my art consists of spaceships, environments, and anthros. I started to take the hobby more seriously about three years ago. I know this is kinda cringe but I started off with twitter, so most of my art is there (@tetrisk1), though I've started posting on newgrounds (tetrisk) recently since you don't need an account to view. My ultimate plan is to have my gallery on my own website. Soon...

Other stuff I like: rain, urban exploration videos, abandoned anarchy minecraft servers, and cream of broccoli soup.

I look forward to chatting with people with similar interests!
 :ozwomp:

* duck_gif.gif (288.92 kB, 708x604 - viewed 24 times.)
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023 @193.61 »

hello, welcome! your website is so cool!! I've never been so excited to travel to my own site before haha. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more!

and I absolutely adore that duck gif :)

xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023 @279.21 »

welcome to the forum! urban exploration videos are super cool~ i'm sure you've heard of proper people. this is my favorite video by them:

are you interested in liminal spaces at all, too? i think there's a connection between urbanex interests and the backrooms/liminal space (fictional) content out there. xD
tetrisk
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023 @619.78 »

hello, welcome! your website is so cool!! I've never been so excited to travel to my own site before haha. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more!

and I absolutely adore that duck gif :)

Thank you! A friend told me it reminded them of a stargate hahaha. Despite being a placeholder I'll definitely integrate it into some part of my website.

welcome to the forum! urban exploration videos are super cool~ i'm sure you've heard of proper people. this is my favorite video by them:

are you interested in liminal spaces at all, too? i think there's a connection between urbanex interests and the backrooms/liminal space (fictional) content out there. xD

Oh yes I love that channel. And yeah it's no wonder I also naturally love liminal spaces, it has reflected on my art too. Hence why I also like exploring abandoned minecraft servers from time to time, it helps me scratch that itch.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023 @769.57 »

Hi there, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Your site is super intriguing, I love the pacing and the anticipation of that warp field; I hope you keep it up and add more like that  :grin: It can be really hard to force yourself to slow down a visitors experience; modern site design tells us to make info available as fast as possible, but there is so much power in a delay.

All types of soup are valid; do you make it yourself? Also yeah! Abandoned online spaces are fascinating, I wish more of them existed, they tend to go poof; I read a weird young adults fiction when I was little called Exodus, it was set after global warming killed most people and this girl is exploring an abandoned online world that's just filled with mountains of abandoned media, and she randomly meets another person exploring etc etc - It had a big impact on me  :ozwomp:

Hope you enjoy your time!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tetrisk
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023 @606.32 »

Hi there, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Your site is super intriguing, I love the pacing and the anticipation of that warp field; I hope you keep it up and add more like that  :grin: It can be really hard to force yourself to slow down a visitors experience; modern site design tells us to make info available as fast as possible, but there is so much power in a delay.

All types of soup are valid; do you make it yourself? Also yeah! Abandoned online spaces are fascinating, I wish more of them existed, they tend to go poof; I read a weird young adults fiction when I was little called Exodus, it was set after global warming killed most people and this girl is exploring an abandoned online world that's just filled with mountains of abandoned media, and she randomly meets another person exploring etc etc - It had a big impact on me  :ozwomp:

Hope you enjoy your time!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

Thank you! I had lots of fun making the different warp animations :D

That book sounds interesting, I'm gonna check it out. Abandoned online worlds are very interesting, they were once filled with life and now you can only explore and try to put together what it must've been like. I have even found books in some minecraft servers and signs stating when a person was last there. It's a really fun kind of exploration while you put some dark ambient music in the background. Hell I might even share screenshots here when I do it again hahaha
moon
Casual Poster

a powerful witch

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023 @124.81 »

your site is so cool!! i'm really new to this web revival world and truly i've never seen a website like that before. i can't wait to see what else you create.

i've never even considered abandoned online worlds. would definitely be interested to see screenshots of your future explorations/expeditions!
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023 @145.83 »

your website is super cool! can't wait to learn more about the little guy on your homepage :ok: i like them a lot!
kandeez
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023 @196.38 »

welcome!!! your site is so fresh! i will admit i'm not used to slowing down and reading everything so it did take me two rounds of going through your lair to really take in and appreciate what you did but i'm obsessed. i checked out your twitter and your super good at art! i love your anthro style, i used to draw anthro quite often, but could never get past busts so i commend your ability to make full bodies. do you have any abandoned minecraft servers you frequent or recommend??
tetrisk
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023 @209.81 »

your site is so cool!! i'm really new to this web revival world and truly i've never seen a website like that before. i can't wait to see what else you create.

i've never even considered abandoned online worlds. would definitely be interested to see screenshots of your future explorations/expeditions!

Thank you! Yeah this whole web revival thing caught my attention when I joined last year. I remember back when youtube let you really customize your page. Sections, backgrounds, and then... they freaking took that all away. When I found out about neocities, I knew I wanted in. So much creative freedom!  :ozwomp:

And I'll definitely share my expeditions, both here and on my site (when I finish it lol)

your website is super cool! can't wait to learn more about the little guy on your homepage :ok: i like them a lot!

I'll let you in on a little secret, its name is Jackal. I just made its design on the spot, wanted some kind of snake-machine thing hahaha. It's in charge of keeping the site in order. Its voice was made using https://15.ai/ (though it seems to be offline atm).

welcome!!! your site is so fresh! i will admit i'm not used to slowing down and reading everything so it did take me two rounds of going through your lair to really take in and appreciate what you did but i'm obsessed. i checked out your twitter and your super good at art! i love your anthro style, i used to draw anthro quite often, but could never get past busts so i commend your ability to make full bodies. do you have any abandoned minecraft servers you frequent or recommend??

Thank you! Yeah, the way I'm designing my site, it will basically reward you with taking things slow. Exploration will be encouraged hehe. I'm a big fan of secret puzzles and eastereggs, I'm trying to make it a big part of the site. It's weird cuz it can sorta feel like also making a game? idk what I'm doing. Also I'd love to art trade sometime if you're interested! I love seeing my characters in other artists' art styles!  :ozwomp:  About minecraft servers, I usually go searching online for anarchy servers with zero players online, tho I don't have any saved, I usually just connect directly. They're easy to find, and pretty straightforward. They usually don't use plugins, so you just log on, explore, and survive. Put some dark music in the background, and you feel like you're exploring the ruins of an abandoned world.

You can try looking through these. It can take a few tries before finding a good one:
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023 @600.53 »

do you have any abandoned minecraft servers you frequent or recommend??
Have you been to our very own Melonland Minecraft server? :D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi