Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @856.46 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Better compatibility with mobile

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Better compatibility with mobile  (Read 607 times)
inbtwn
Casual Poster

It's the real.

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: March 28, 2023 @855.86 »

hi there! i've known about this forum for a little while now but only recently signed up. seems neat around here! i do have a suggestion, though: would it be possible to have the forum theme's CSS be modified to work well on smaller devices, i.e. modern smartphones? i sometimes check forums on my work break and it's annoying having to pinch-zoom every time i navigate a page on here...  :ohdear:

if you want a good example of this, the yesterweb forum has a theme that adapts well to desktop and mobile, if that helps.

thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!! :D

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023 @877.69 »

The main forum theme is based on a table layout that predates smartphones by quite a bit.. Im not sure it'll ever be an ideal experience; but I agree, it can be a tad annoying to use; I will dedicate some time to mobile optimisations soon  :grin:

That said; I think the best mobile reading experience will always be RSS; admittedly it's not thread based; but the formatting is vastly better than any forum theme will ever be. ALSO don't forget about WAP2 or even WAP1, it's actually fantastic on a modern smartphone!  :ha:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023 @114.09 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
inbtwn
Casual Poster

It's the real.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023 @201.16 »

:4u: oh, okay! thanks for letting me know! i'll try and just use that in the meantime.

also, i have a quick bug report: whenever i go on the Recent Posts page and someone posts a gifypet, the page cuts off unexpectedly (the posts that would be under that one on that page are just gone). would you be able to fix that as well? thanks a bunch!!  :4u: 

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023 @443.78 »

whenever i go on the Recent Posts page and someone posts a gifypet, the page cuts off unexpectedly
It's not a bug, its a feature to help you focus on what's important in life :ha:
(This should be fixed now)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
inbtwn
Casual Poster

It's the real.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023 @152.87 »

It's not a bug, its a feature to help you focus on what's important in life :ha:
(This should be fixed now)

Man, you're quick!! Thanks for the fix!  :loved:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4174
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Website Design & Mobile-Friendly Design

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 3381
Last post September 01, 2023 @236.24
by Guest
Webring for Mobile Friendly Sites

Started by glitchlynxBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 7
Views: 696
Last post April 18, 2023 @84.21
by glitchlynx

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi