Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @4.13 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Trigun!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trigun!  (Read 617 times)
anglade
Casual Poster ⚓︎

bonk

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: March 17, 2023 @929.10 »

I'm currently watching the original Trigun series(episode 13 at the time of writing), and I'm having a blast! The tone's not too serious or too goofy, and I think the character designs are great! I also absolutely adore the worldbuilding; you can tell a lot of love and thought was put into it, from the way that the history of the world plays into the state of its present, or the way that the characters, both major and minor, interact in the difficult conditions of the desert.

(spoilers lol)
Spoiler
I also cannot wait to see Vash have a mental breakdown lol
[close]

Any other fans in?

:unite::unite::unite:
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023 @938.15 »

I loved the series but haven't watched it in years, so I don't remember a lot of it. I guess that means it's time for a rewatch.

There's also a new Trigun series coming out, but I don't think I like the CG animation style.
doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023 @938.31 »

the original Trigun series was one of the only anime that i got super into as a kid. it was that cool worldbuilding and the visual+musical aesthetic that drew me in. i also think Milly is responsible for my love of very large women :grin: it's been so long that i barely remember the story anymore tho; i'd love to read the manga or re-watch the show with an adult brain that can better understand what's going on.

back in like...2006, maybe earlier? i was at EPCOT in Disney World—my family lived in Florida and had season passes so we went a lot—and in the World Showcase area, they have a pavilion themed around Japan. there's a store there that sold Japanese gifts, snacks, manga, and merch for a few series that were popular at the time. i was super excited to find one single silicone keychain of Vash buried deep beneath the bouquet of Naruto and Pokemon stuff:

i kept that keychain for years until it eventually disappeared!

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023 @42.84 »

the original trigun is my absolute favorite anime! I've watched it many times, though it's been a while since I last watched it. maybe I'll rewatch it after catching up on Stampede!

the character dynamics are great, both among the main group and the minor characters throughout the series, and the world building is awesome. I also love seeing kuroneko-sama in every episode~

creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023 @824.90 »

I´m curentlylty watching the 98 trigun version shortly after watching the newer one. I´m also watching dubbed because someone told it was decent one.

One thing I found was that the voice actor for Legato is the same one for Shido the protagonist for Nightwalker: Midnight detective, which i made a page of for my website a couple of months ago. Turns out Richard Cansino has quite the reputation as an anime voice actor.

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023 @190.28 »

I actually just got into Trigun recently (only about a few months ago) and like everyone else here, I absolutely love it! My taste in anime tends to be pretty dark, but this show has the perfect balance of goofy fun and compelling drama that's absolutely infectious on a near Cowboy Bebop level. Stampede is pretty damn great too~

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi