Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @965.68 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  Fantasy Life: Supermarket

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Life: Supermarket  (Read 481 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: March 18, 2023 @895.28 »

You have just received this letter from a trusted law firm:

Dear {your name},
I regret to inform you that your long-lost great aunt (Agnis Von Loot) has passed away; you never knew her but she remembered you as a baby and has decided to leave you a special gift! Her beloved Supermarket! (Located along highway X in Southern Australia - the supermarket address is attached along with a key)!

She has also setup a trust fund that will pay for your basic needs (food etc) for as long as you live in and operate the supermarket - you can do whatever you like with the space, on the condition it remains open as a public shop/space.

Flights and moving expenses are provided should you choose to take up the offer! (A one way ticket to Australia and a visa giving you (and one other) unlimited residency as long as the supermarket is open)
All the best,
Mr Tatoo

That's all it says and there is no return address - would you like to proceed? How would you make use of this life? What would you do with your new supermarket??  :omg:

(This is a fantasy life thread; feel free to invent a new life for yourself in the given scenario; I may update you with new events that will effect your fantasy life later on!)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023 @908.45 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023 @673.08 »

I would first check with other family members and experts on family trees to confirm that this person is in fact my aunt. I decide to fly over with several family members (in case it's a trap or anything). We arrive to the address and sure enough, there's a closed supermarket.

What I would want to do with it is turn it into a multi-lot building. Keep some of the supermarket in this aunt's memory, but add things like a cinema, an arcade, and several shops (that aren't clothing brands), as well as a food court where people can hand out, and a second hand market people can go to and sell stuff, and for buyers to find anything they might want.

Of course, to meet the conditions for this trust fund, I will construct a secondary suite to live in, and try to sound proof it so the noises of the supermarket in question don't distract me while in there.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023 @206.88 »

But then I woke up.

Oh yeah, I have no aunt Agnis Von Loot and that trusted law firm was just a bunch of skull emojis. What an banal dream that was. The kind you forget as soon as you get out of bed, which I did. Until the following night when I  found myself in an endless, featureless expanse.
Dread—would be the word to describe it. If the feeling of dread was a place. The sky was a blood red haze in which colossal somethings hunted just beyond  eyesight. The ground was made of shattered glass. Movements as slight as breathing caused a grinding glassy crunch that rang clear in the awful silence. Alerting ones presence to the untold numbers of unseen things.
For a time I stood paralyzed; already dead in this total vacuum of hope.
Then I saw it: the faintest shape on the horizon. There was something solid in all this nothing. I ran like I was about to die. Behind me I could sense everything malicious converge in pursuit. The shape became a rectangle, a bus, and old one from 50s that hadn’t moved in so long it had nearly become a geologic affectation, and on it a door. Escape. I pelted my full force against the weathered frame. It held fast. I wrenched desperately at the locked knob as despair breathed on down my neck. The key! Fumbling with adrenaline I grasped the small key from my left pocket where I had haphazardly placed it in last nights dream, jammed it in the lock and burst inside.

A small desk filled the majority of the improbably cramped space. The walls and ceiling were packed with random oddities so completely there was no telling the rooms true size. A taxidermied skunk on the desk spoke up.
“By entering this room you have agreed to take over operations of Von Loots Nightsurvival General LLC. Consider this your orientation, listen carefully.

This is highway X of the Prison island colony of Australia. A remote region of the collective unconscious where dreamers are sentenced to be punished for their dream-felonies. I, your dream-aunt prof. Agnis have dedicated my life to understanding the dream world. And I have found…that it makes no sense. But I have also discovered an incredible business venture! It’s simple: people in the midst of a nightmare are desperate, they’ll buy anything! So you’ll drive this bus around and sell them the supplies they need for a small fee of sanity; that’s the currency down here.
And you’ve got it all: Parachutes for falling dreams, snorkelers for drowning dreams, you name it! All you need to remember is this strictly is a low key operation. Nightmares gotta make a living too, and if they consider you a threat to their business… well you better have some estranged relatives to hand the business off to! Haha!”

The skunk sizzled with tv static and was gone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Wilde Life by Pascalle Lepas

Started by demonologiBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 1165
Last post March 20, 2023 @564.03
by debleb
What would your life look like in the Pokemon universe?

Started by TAS_1KBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 11
Views: 1865
Last post April 22, 2023 @598.99
by Guest
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3183
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi