Interests Zone > © ∙ Music Room

Good Phone Media Players?

<< < (2/2)

sig:
I used Musicolet on my previous (Android) phone, it worked pretty well for me. I used VLC before that, I remember switch to the other after a bit but I don't remember why  :ziped:

bingus_baby:
Downloaded the VLC app this morning and I gotta say!!!!! It's really great!!!! Exactly what I needed, and easy to add files from my computer.

And for the local files, I was using that before, but got tired of it. I wanted the album art and to cue up songs, which VLC delivers on! And I also want to get away from Spotify a little bit, since it feels like it's slowly pivoting towards a "social media" angle, with some new features. (Plus, taking away the heart button was the nail in the coffin.) I'll still use it of course, since I feasibly can't download/buy every song and it's a great way to discover new stuff, but I'm tired of the looming presence of huge companies wanting to harvest me for data. It's not just music players, that was just the focus of this post, across the board I'm trying to move to better programs and habits!

inbtwn:
i don't use iOS anymore, but back when I did I used Decoupled to sync music to my phone. the nice thing about it is that unlike all other iOS music apps you don't have to use iTunes to sync with it. instead you can spin up a web server from your phone and drag and drop your files into that instead. it's not perfect but it's pretty dang good!  :cheesy:

YoungsterJ4y:
Surprised nobody's mentioned Blackplayer for Android :O it's very simple, no frills, lots of sorting and stats options if you're into that too. I love it, I use the free version and have no problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version