Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @434.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  Forum Userbars

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Forum Userbars  (Read 708 times)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« on: March 21, 2023 @690.72 »

Thought I'd start a topic for custom userbars people have created and want to share! Userbars are little graphics that people would post in their forum signatures to signal their interests and fandoms etc.
I always thought these things were so cool and were like a badge of honour or something.  :ok:

If you want to make your own, the dimensions for a userbar are 350x20, and the font that is used is called 'Visitor TT1 BRK' at size 10.
Otherwise, if you aren't too handy at photoshop there is a userbar generator you can use here, and there is also a site dedicated to custom userbars where you can download some from, here.

I've attached a few of mine, feel free to use and share them, no credit needed!

* ff9bar.png (13.49 kB, 350x20 - viewed 42 times.)

* halobar.png (12.81 kB, 350x20 - viewed 40 times.)

* shenmuebar.png (14.67 kB, 350x20 - viewed 43 times.)

* slayersbar.png (12.75 kB, 350x20 - viewed 40 times.)

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023 @710.10 »

I've also used this program to make some custom ones recently! Really made me feel nostalgic with its interface and all...

My signature is already kinda big because of the art (mayhaps I'll customise it some other way when I have time), so instead I stuffed all the userbars in my profile on here, in the interests section :grin: Here are some that I made!

Couldn't pick just four to attach as files, so let's do it this way...

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023 @727.06 »

One thing I forgot to mention is that if you have a lot of userbars you want to place in your signature, the text limit of signatures makes it hard to have more than a few userbars. If you combine the userbars into one image though, that helps a lot with saving on characters for your signature.  :4u:

I've also used this program to make some custom ones recently! Really made me feel nostalgic with its interface and all...

Hey that's great! Seems pretty handy, and yeah the UI is quite nostalgic for me too. Gives me early 2000's vibes.
Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but I'm having a tough time resizing an image using that program. Maybe I just need to play with it some more.  :drat:

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023 @771.93 »

I love userbars! They feel like badges that describe you in a more creative and interesting way than the likes of Facebook ever could.

Otherwise, if you aren't too handy at photoshop there is a userbar generator you can use here,
Is there an option here to add a background image to these? I would love to make my own, but I don't have any tools for it, and I use Linux, so the Windows and Mac tools are more or less useless to me.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2023 @777.12 »

but I don't have any tools for it, and I use Linux
Use GIMP:omg:
It's what I mainly use for any image manipulation I need to do and it can do 99% of things I need to do without a problem. It's free, and has a Linux version!
I've also made a userbar template file you can use if you'd like. It's got the text, image border, size and a basic gradient already set up, you'd just need to add any images, make a text border if you want and that's about it. I'll attach it to this post.

* userbartemp.xcf (18.06 kB - downloaded 15 times.)

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2023 @867.95 »

I ran this program with Wine, and it does the job! I went crazy and made a bunch of userbars based off my interests!

One thing I forgot to mention is that if you have a lot of userbars you want to place in your signature, the text limit of signatures makes it hard to have more than a few userbars. If you combine the userbars into one image though, that helps a lot with saving on characters for your signature.  :4u:
Or make them an animated gif, like I've done. :ok:

Also nice to meet fellow Cbyerpunk and Shenmue fans! :ozwomp:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023 @869.65 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2023 @925.94 »

It won't launch on my computer for some reason :ziped:
doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2023 @953.77 »

just popping in to say that userbars.be is a great archive of userbars and it also has a resources page where you can download the classic userbar pixel font along with a .psd template :smile:

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023 @340.31 »

just popping in to say that userbars.be is a great archive of userbars and it also has a resources page where you can download the classic userbar pixel font along with a .psd template :smile:

Thank you, with those resources I made one too, I hope the movement is smooth enough. It is surprisingly time consuming, at least if you make animation...

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023 @509.35 »

I just made this myself with GIMP for the game series Die Siedler / The Settlers, let me know if this is good:
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2023 @541.27 »

This tool is great!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 247
Views: 21124
Last post April 23, 2024 @951.50
by DiffydaDude
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5467
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3368
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi