Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @991.24 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Your favorite webpages

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your favorite webpages  (Read 214 times)
cybherspace
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cruisin' the webz

StatusCafe: cybherspace
iMood: cybherspace

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: April 12, 2024 @207.01 »

I am surprised we don't have a general thread for something like this! What is/are your favorite webpage(s) of the moment?

They can be old or small web, but they don't have to be! Do you first think of someone's personal page, or something else?

For me these days I have been very into Flight Rising all of the sudden! If you don't already know what that is, it's a pet browser game where you can raise and breed dragons.  :eyes:

Email me @ cybherspace@protonmail.com!

glacialpacer

guh??

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024 @536.03 »

Oh god, kid me would have spent months if not years on this site (and adult me is now considering what to do with the weekend...)

One of my personal favorite pages is cdrom.ca. It's one of the first web revival type pages I ever came across in the wild and takes pretty in-depth looks at old, overlooked, or forgotten games and software.
Sofly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Oh hey hi

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024 @575.98 »

Oh i have so many in my bookmarks as of now, and i like them all for different reasons

For sheer utility, i always default to AlternativeTo, a crowd-sourced compendium of alternatives to different programs/websites, it was thanks to that site that i found cool stuff like MapTool or LocalSend

I also found out about Wallhaven, a simple site that offers you tons of desktop wallpapers which range from anime, to photos, to art, to scenery... It has a ton for everyone

Oh!, and there's also Ooh.directory, a directory of blogs ranging from politics, to games, to travel, to religion, to whatever you can think of really, i found really neat stuff in there

Profile pic is from Secret Little Haven
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024 @588.89 »

i too am surprised that there's not already a thread for this!

i like to keep a page on my site dedicated to some of my favorite people with stuff that i particularly like. some of them have websites, so cross-posting a few from there:

freaksaint's page for his awesome DIY projects and music.
freekittie's page for some really aesthetically pleasing art and interesting (socio-)political and scientific reads.
transrat's page for their thought-provoking long form reads and awesome writing about the queer experience.

i go by j, she/they :)
oerrorpage
Casual Poster ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: oerrorpsades

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024 @764.07 »

what ever is in my link page.

de idiot of dis 4um
cybherspace
Casual Poster ⚓︎

cruisin' the webz

StatusCafe: cybherspace
iMood: cybherspace

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024 @935.67 »

Oh i have so many in my bookmarks as of now, and i like them all for different reasons

For sheer utility, i always default to AlternativeTo, a crowd-sourced compendium of alternatives to different programs/websites, it was thanks to that site that i found cool stuff like MapTool or LocalSend

I also found out about Wallhaven, a simple site that offers you tons of desktop wallpapers which range from anime, to photos, to art, to scenery... It has a ton for everyone

Oh!, and there's also Ooh.directory, a directory of blogs ranging from politics, to games, to travel, to religion, to whatever you can think of really, i found really neat stuff in there

Ooh I have been using wallhaven for a long time now, all the way back to when it was wallhalla. Top tier backgrounds, though these days I use animated backgrounds from Wallpaper Engine on Steam.

I really liked ooh directory - never heard of that one. I will have to spend more time going through that!

Email me @ cybherspace@protonmail.com!

georgemoody
Jr. Member ⚓︎

To Tux or not to Tux, that is the question

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: georgemoody
iMood: georgemoody
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024 @168.22 »

There is ArchiveOS which lists obscure OSs either dead or alive, has downloads for most of them, there's also ArhciveGame and ArchiveApp stemming from the same project though their databases don't seem as big.

i also love The Jargon File, basically a glossary of ancient hacker slang, very fun to look through

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3119
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1649
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
If you had the ability to eat anything, what would be your new favorite food?

Started by Icey!Board ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 29
Views: 2986
Last post November 07, 2023 @809.28
by Capybara

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi