Interests Zone > © ∙ Music Room

Movies that feel like hour-long music videos

(1/1)

Corrupted Unicorn:
I mentioned my love for music videos previously in this forum, but let's go for a special category of them: the music video movie. Not musicals, not jukebox musicals, just straight up movies with music video-like visuals all the way thorough. These are often made by musicians and bands (obviously) and I know a few, but I'm sure there's more out there.

My favourite of this catergoy is Yellow Submarine! The grandaddy of music videos, it's trippy, surreal, colorful, psychedelic, everything I love  :grin: I think I found a bad version where the audio mixing is all wack, switching volumes at the drop of a hat, and I kinda wish there was a less flashing version? Sometimes it has flashy bits that can be too much, and I don't have any kind of medical condition about that  :drat: I think I'm gonna file this one as "projects I'd like to do someday" - make a more accessible version of this movie! It'd be good to sharpen my video editing skills :ozwomp:

I also know of Interstella 5555 and Electroma, by Daft Punk. Watched the former, love how it has no dialogue at all and the only soundtrack is the album Discovery. I should watch the later too, but I need the emotional fortitude for it, I heard it's very sad  :notgood:

Got any good recs?  I love animated ones, but I'll take live-action as well.  :cheesy:

Guest:
I usually think of Sucker Punch as a series of music video action sequences with the "regular" movie scenes as a framing device. It's not musical throughout, but Zack Snyder started his career directing music videos so I think it's a fair comparison.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version