Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @296.91 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Moments you remember

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moments you remember  (Read 665 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: January 12, 2023 @833.16 »

Sometimes there are moments that you just remember perfectly clearly in your mind - maybe there is a reason, maybe theres no reason at all. What are some moments you remember, and can you describe what you remember most about them (the light, a sound, a smell, the look on someones face etc) :defrag:

I remember the swing at my first school when I was 3; I remember the ground was red dirt and worn away from feet and there was an obstacle like a pond near it; I was talking to a friend - I think it was time for us to go inside, but I wanted to stay there.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023 @150.49 »

I used to wonder if the memories that really stick with us despite seeming mundane would somehow be important at some point in our lives, but I don't really believe in that sort of fate anymore.

One of my earliest, clearest memories is of standing on the driveway of the first house I lived in with my older sister on her bike and our cat Mittens walking around our legs. It was spring or summer, and I was definitely younger than 7 because that's when we moved, but I don't know any more about the time frame than that.

Mittens was black and white. My sister's bike was green and a bit scratched up, but was later painted black with red stripes when she grew out of it and it was passed down to me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023 @158.50 by MamboGator » Logged
WingsOfImagination

Beauty Serene Arrow!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023 @807.43 »

When I was around 8-9 years old boy I had to suddenly switch to a different elementary school due to various reasons. Back then as a kid, I felt very angry and sad about the unwanted moving and I missed much my old school and friends.

In my stubborn mind, I had decided to myself that I will purposely avoid any sort of involvement with my classmates, up until I finally convince my parents to bring me back to my old school. As a result, I used to avoid everyone and sit alone around the school every time during breaks, something which I ended up doing for quite a long time. Probably months.

One moment which I remember in particular, was one of the days when it was dark and cloudy during fall or winter season. I was sitting up on the stairs leading to the street exit while facing the rocky playground where the other kids were playing soccer, and I was looking at a bunch of dead leaves sprawling and moving around the ground and up the air by the force of the wind. I remember, very clearly, imagining myself being able to control the wind with the power of my mind and carrying those dead leaves wherever I want them to go. When the school bell rang, I slowly stopped what I was doing and stood up to go back to class, and I suddenly felt this emptiness feeling crawling in my body, the most lonely I've ever been.

If there's anything I would describe as a "core memory" for me, it's quite likely to be this one. For whatever reason it is, it's a moment I'll probably remember for my entire life. Maybe due to this memory the cold days always feel like a mix of sweet hopefulness and biting sadness to me. But I love dark windy days regardless...or maybe because.

thesolitarygamer
Jr. Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023 @897.65 »

Think the most clear memory I have-- also doubling as my oldest memory in general, is when I first played Super Mario Sunshine on the Nintendo Gamecube. I genuinely remember being in my bedroom, looking around in awe and staring down at the disc for the game before my parents helped me put it in the Gamecube, and then me actually playing the game.

I don't know how well I did at the game, I imagine I absolutely sucked at it, but that memory is one of those things I'll always remember.
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023 @118.55 »

Well, here's uh.. two of them:

-----

In front of my old childhood home on a clear day, I was standing near the sun-bleached road and looking out into another street that was across from us and at the objects that surrounded it. Houses. Telephone poles. The neighbor's basketball hoop.. small, but near the center of my vision. I looked into the blue sky. I remembered some term that was or was similar to "Hawk-eyed" and what it meant before comparing it to how detailed and crisp my vision was. 'It won't always be this way', something in my mind told me. Strange.. my vision started to get blurry when I was around 8, so I must've been younger.

-----

I was sitting at one of the tables at math class in elementary school. I was chosen to answer a math problem I didn't already have an answer to, so I started solving it out loud for the teacher with a "I know that [blank], so that means that [blank]" kind of process before the girl in my class with blonde hair, a light blue shirt, and a very strong Southern-American accent bluntly told me to "Shut my pie hole". Despite imagining a literal image of a pie and being confused by what a "pie hole" was even supposed to be, I felt mildly put down. After quietly putting together some of the information I already knew, I think I gathered that it could've been some variation of "shut up"..

-----

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2023 @184.51 »

In elementary school I was sitting on a swing set, not swinging. During this aftercare thing for kids whose parents worked late. Everything was lit up in that gold/red light that only happens just before the sun sets. There was a girl in my class I didn’t know particularly well standing to my right. She was telling me about how her mom was getting out of prison, she was really happy about it.

The weird thing is I know I never would have remembered that moment, or that girl, if it wasn’t for the fact that a few days later she and her mom were found dead in the back seat of her moms car. The engine had been left running and they suffocated. Our teacher told us she died painlessly, the news said she spent the last few hours of her life desperately trying to call her dad and leaving crying voice messages.

The other thing that stuck in my mind was the school assembly about her. Our teacher told us to say either one word or a sentence that described her on stage. I was terrified of public speaking so I did one word. This wasn’t explained to the audience though, and after a few kids said full sentences I got up and said “compassionate” and walked off and the whole audience of parents and students laughed at me.

I think when you’re a kid there’s a lot you can’t process yet so you’re brain puts on the on the shelf for adult you to sort out.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2023 @552.85 »

I was in nursery, and we'd often have these outside "picnic" lunch times where we'd take our lunchbox and sit in this big inset stone circle to eat together on a sunny day. It was once of those days. I grabbed my lunch box, followed the teachers, and immediately started eating! Although, half of my lunch was new, as in I didn't remember my mom ever giving me those specific snacks (I forgot which ones but just different brands to what I was used to) but I decided to eat it anyway. It was a sunny day, and I loved sitting in the circle with everyone!

Only, half way through eating a teacher came up to me and told me I had the wrong lunchbox. There was another girl in the class, I didn't recognise her, who had the exact same lunchbox design as me and we just got switched! For some reason, though nobody raised their voice at me or told me off (quite the opposite, it was just a silly mistake in their eyes), I remember crying. I think I thought I was in trouble for not only "stealing" someone elses lunchbox, but also because I had ate half the girls lunch! I didn't mind so much that the other girl had ate mine, I hoped she'd enjoyed it. But I was downright inconsolable at the state of affairs, and so the nursery staff had to call my mom.

My mom brought me some more lunch, and I think she even brought some for the other girl whose lunch I ate. Mom spent lunch time with me and I think she just took me home afterwards due to how upset I was. I was just so focused on not getting in trouble... I wonder why I took it so badly!  :drat:
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2023 @612.33 »

i remember once using my outie belly button as a little diving board for a finger person while my mum told me i was getting surgery on my belly button  :omg:

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023 @868.34 »

I remember the first day I ever had at school. Beyond some cousins, with whom I'm only now starting to get close---besides two, with whom I was close for a while in my youth---I never really talked that much to other kids as a little child, so preschool was my first proper time interacting with other kids. My preschool---a French immersion school---shared a building with a local church, and used a couple of its classrooms on the weekday morning and afternoons, and I remember my mother holding my hand as she walked me through this dark hallway to the classroom. As I stood at the threshold, we were standing there, looking in at the children playing in different areas of the room---I seem to recall the little "tapis"---I guess in English it would be a rug, though it had the alphabet and all on it and it was oval shaped---on which we sat in a little circle was on the left, close to the door, and some children would've been playing there and in other parts of the room, though I'm not sure of the exact accuracy of my recollection of the room's layout. Anyways, I raised my fist to cough into it (I have a benign cough that just happens, and did even moreso back then) and my teacher walked over and said "no, no, no, we don't cough like this, [she mimed coughing into her fist] we cough like this. [she mimed coughing into her elbow]" And thus began my still-ongoing educational career!

-----

I remember once, I was about the same age, give or take a year, and I was at my Nan and Grandad's house, and somehow wandered into the kitchen. Now, on this side of the family, at family events we always drink out of red (or purple, green, etc.) solo cups, and I got a few and filled them with differing levels of water and sat them on the edge of the kitchen island. I then acquired a spoon and set to try and play them like a musical instrument, but ere I had had a long time to demonstrate my entirely unparalleled musical proficiency on the plastic cup, that oft-employed symphonic instrument, my uncle came in and chased me around and scolded me. And thus ended my chances at joining an orchestra.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2023 @79.50 »

I've got memories of all sorts of things. Some things are a bit out of order, but my memory has always been like that. Some things I remember could have happened anytime between around 1990 and last week.

Like others, my earliest clear memories are from nursery school which would have been around 1961. I remember my mum walking me to the nursery one day and we got caught in a hail storm. I cried my eyes out because the hail was hurting my bare legs.

I can remember the embroidery pattern on our blankets for our afternoon sleep. The first year mine was a bucket and spade, the next year it was a little sail boat. Light blue blankets with darker blue embroidery for the boys, pink blankets with red embroidery for the girls. I think I remember those things because how it got drilled into us to use our own blankets. Some kids where not well looked after at home and nits sometimes got to be a problem. We all ended up with them one time or another.

It's also why I remember the taste of cod liver oil and the 1/3 pints of milk. We all got a spoonful of the oil and a bottle of milk every day because most of our families were not well off and some couldn't afford to eat properly and the oil has loads of vitamins in it. I can almost taste it sometimes and it still makes me go "ugh."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023 @88.00 by brisray » Logged
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023 @126.50 »

I remember years ago when we went to Ireland to visit my great grandmother, they had a computer and a bunch of floppy discs in one of those storage caddies. I remember going through them and writing various things, being completely computer illiterate back then, I did so with the logic that if I write what I want on the disks, the data will magically appear on it. I remember doing the same with a VHS blank back home as well.

Turns out, shocklingly, this didn’t work, and only caused the grown ups to be very angry at me.

There was also a roadworks set I remember getting at Toys R Us on my birthday one summer, and seeing the 0-3 Sad Onions sign that was so common in the British Isles on the bottom of the box, and having no idea what it meant back then, and remember thinking something along the lines of “This toy makes people sad?”

To be honest… I still don’t know what the hell it’s supposed to mean… my guess is it means you can’t give it to children under 3?

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Do you remember IRC?

Started by m15oBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 19
Views: 2999
Last post March 19, 2024 @111.09
by virtue
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 54
Views: 5089
Last post February 16, 2024 @496.90
by georgemoody
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 47
Views: 3685
Last post March 17, 2024 @568.10
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi