Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @262.26 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  what was your favorite april fool's prank this year?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what was your favorite april fool's prank this year?  (Read 538 times)
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« on: April 06, 2023 @274.57 »

this year's april fool's day felt like the first one we've had in ages (definitely not for any global pandemic-y reasons :ok: ). at least, i visibly saw more april fool's pranks online and folks being more in the spirit of doing lighthearted pranks.

my favorite that i saw, and that folks were talking about online, was the murder of sonic the hedgehog.

did you have any favorite pranks this year? did any pranks actually fool you? :)
drakonic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Tiny Birthday DragonJoined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023 @371.64 »

Irl, my sister stuffed my sneakers with a bunch of tissues and I tripped trying to put them on. She thought it was very funny.

Online, well, there was probably many I just wasn't around for because I was mostly offline that day, but my friends pretended to be their dogs in our group chat. They changed their profile pictures to them and said stuff like
"fetch is so cool but im bad at it bc when the ball realises how ugly i am it starts rolling away"

I LOVED the murder of sonic the hedgehog. It was so genuinely good, I feel kind of bad calling it a prank, honestly. I'd also say it was my favourite thing to come out of this year's april fools.

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023 @630.08 »

huh, I feel like I got the opposite feel this year, I hardly saw any april fool's pranks. I think the only one I saw on twitter was the murder of sonic the hedgehog (which I really enjoyed)!

the only pranks I saw off twitter were flight rising's and tumblr's. I thought flight rising's prank was kind of boring, but I did like that tumblr's prank made fun of emoji reactions even if it did make the site clunkier for the day.

I myself usually do something silly like turn my profile pictures into crappy ms paint doodles or last year I pretended that it was halloween, but I didn't seem to have the energy to do anything this year. maybe it was because I wasn't too into it this year that it seemed like just another day for me, idk

CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023 @655.44 »

Admittedly, I also felt April Fools Day was toned down in general compared to the past few years. Probably because the rampant spread of misinformation nowadays has made people more resistant to them.

As for the few jokes that DID come out... yeah, I also quite liked The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog! For a quickie visual novel, there's quite a lot of love put into it! The devs need to do more quickie visual novels for Sonic, in my opinion...

I would also like to mention Adult Swim. Every year, Cartoon Network's block for grown-ups usually does some interesting stuff on that day. This year, they decided to lampoon rebrands: first, they called themselves [as/ai] and showed a couple minutes of an episode of Smiling Friends recreated in AI. Then they decided "eh, AI isn't for us", and decided to call themselves [as >>], showing us previews of their upcoming stuff while they find the remote. After that, we get [as <<], which is basically Space Ghost Coast to Coast. (Specifically, the infamous "fire ant" episode.) Then they decided that they're gonna show nothing but ads, leading to [as -] and repeats of two of their infamous spoof ads. (Namely Unedited Footage of a Bear and Broomshakalaka. The latter of which I bet was chosen because it was directed by the same guys who did Everything Everywhere All At Once.) Finally, they called themselves [as (train emoji)] and showed some Ambient Swim of a train. Quite a bizzare experience...

Finally, my own April Fools Day prank involved me making my nicknames on my active Discord servers and Mastodon backwards, as well as setting my PFP as this pic of my fursona drawn with my left hand...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3081
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1636
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
Almost on my way to beating Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

Started by easy_breezyBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 1
Views: 1051
Last post February 24, 2022 @94.83
by OkayRelax

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi