Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @513.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 37/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  ⚽︎ ∙ Games Gallery
| | | |-+  NetSpeed

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NetSpeed  (Read 2755 times)
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: November 16, 2021 @270.60 »

You probably haven't heard of NetSpeed yet, mainly because it was my last week-end project.

NetSpeed is a game you can play on the net and it's all about speed. As the blue square, you need to quickly go to the green square. Then to the next green square. Then to the next. You only have 30 seconds, so how many green square will you go through?

Me? 22. Setting the bar high!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021 @772.06 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021 @796.74 »

Ooph, the best Iv been able to get is 19 :ziped:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021 @840.05 »

I only managed to get 18, ahah. This is weirdly addictive!
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021 @375.09 »

Congrats Melon and Cicadoidea!

Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021 @206.79 »

26, but at what cost?! This was way more of an adrenaline rush than I expected it to be.

Moving in a stilted manner seems to net more points than if I hold any direction key for long time, at the cost of making me feel (and look) a bit like a maniac. Really neat game though m15o, it is incredibly elegant in its simplicity. Did you have any particular inspiration/self-challenge in creating this game?

Status Cafe Profile
DoctorScreech
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the doctor is in!

StatusCafe: doctorscreech

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021 @332.36 »

GOD this game is so hard. However, after a bit of practice I managed to tie Nightdrift's 26 - and I recorded it too.

Sorry about the bad quality, I used two screen recorders since my trim tool didn't like the encoding of the first one.
https://streamable.com/ljke2y

Hopefully this'll be an fine resource if anyone's looking to break our record. It mostly relies on muscle memory and luck, so get ready for a lot of refreshing.

Cool game!

:D the doctor is in! :D
DoctorScreech
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the doctor is in!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021 @610.37 »

Ported this game to my statuscafe... credits given of course https://status.cafe/users/doctorscreech

Also got 28 and 30 scores with the port (I also switched around the inputs from arrows to WASD and put in a border)

Though I don't think Status.cafe is supposed to support <script>s?

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021 @292.57 »

Wooow!!!! I'm extremely impressed by your scores! Haha. Now I need to try to get above 26. Great idea to record it as well!

DoctorScreech after thinking about it quite a lot, I think it's best if I disable <script> tags within profiles on status.cafe. Mostly from a security stand point. It opens the door to different sort of exploits and unfortunately, it's safer for all if I just remove it. So I did it! However, it's only on new updates of the about me field. NetSpeed will still be on your profile until you update it. :smile:

Thank you Nightdrift! I originally wanted to create an abstract dungeon crawler. Each square we run to is supposed to be a staircase that goes deeper in the dungeon.

DoctorScreech
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the doctor is in!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021 @466.86 »

DoctorScreech after thinking about it quite a lot, I think it's best if I disable <script> tags within profiles on status.cafe. Mostly from a security stand point. It opens the door to different sort of exploits and unfortunately, it's safer for all if I just remove it. So I did it! However, it's only on new updates of the about me field. NetSpeed will still be on your profile until you update it. :smile:

Ah... yes, I was wondering about that. Well, good thing you got to it before someone malicious found out. Cheerio :wink:

Adding support for WASD controls would probably be good on the game - having a 1px border on the game as well... which I (half) patched into the status.cafe script. Seems to be easier to control the character with WASD than arrow keys, though it was originally a scrolling issue that forced my hand.

Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: neonriser
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021 @711.42 »

I only managed to get 18, ahah. This is weirdly addictive!
Hey, I got 18 too!

Web design is my passion!

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021 @483.26 »

I followed-up on your suggestion, DoctorScreech - now there's a little 1px border and it uses wasd by default, which definitely helps with the page scroll. Thanks for suggesting that. Just got up to 22 :omg:k:

aoeu
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: aoeu
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2021 @940.97 »

Just got a 25! Granted, I did get a little bit lucky with green square placements, but still.

Also, I believe that it'd be a good idea to have both wasd and the arrow keys work as movement keys. It's a little bit annoying for me to use setxkbmap to switch between dvorak and qwerty, only for me to then forget that i switched between dvorak and qwerty ,jgij od;fpk; gl md ktrglu kjg; uaonaod, but it isn't all to difficult to deal with.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021 @942.30 by aoeu » Logged
m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2021 @946.64 »

Ahh congrats aoeu!! Maybe I could allow users to set their own keys. I'll try to think of a way!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi