Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @69.06 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What's your favourite thing to cook?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's your favourite thing to cook?  (Read 776 times)
Mela
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 14, 2023 @878.51 »

Do you have a food that you like cooking in particular? For me I think it's pancakes, even if when I try to turn them I often end up deforming them...
Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023 @893.70 »

It is definitely lasagne for me. I love cooking all kinds of crazy and ambitious dishes, but with lasagne you never can go wrong! I have all kinds of iterations for vegan and gluten-free seasonal recipes, and it's my ultimate comfort food. Stacking the layers is so fun and rewarding, and waiting for it to cool off is the ultimate test of discipline to me! >:)

xx <3
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023 @16.34 »

Homemade mac & cheese. Using real cheese, breadcrumbs, and then baking it tastes great despite how much work is put into it. However given my expensive tastes it easily costs ~$30 per batch.
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023 @99.47 »

I have all kinds of iterations for vegan and gluten-free seasonal recipes
I would loooove to see these recipes!! Last month I had a lasagna so good, now I want to learn how to make them haha

For me, my favorite cooking always involves cutting up vegetables and throwing them somewhere. Either in the oven, cut up in little cubes (potatoes, broccoli, carrot, pumpkin, tomato cut in half) + seasoning (salt + parsley + garlic); OR in ribbons/strips, done in a pan with olive oil and thrown on a tortilla (carrot, zucchini, broccoli, aubergine, tomato + another vegetable that i can't for the life of me find how it's called in english but it looks like this), with a melted slice of cheese on the tortilla. Those are the things I'm confident about cooking for other people, too! I have trouble feeling comfortable sharing my cooking since I tend to have weird-ish tastes (I throw mustard on my rice while it's boiling, for example) and I'm always second-guessing myself when I'm cooking for someone else :ziped:
Absentmind

i love surfing the world widened web

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023 @492.28 »

I love making Indian curries, specifically Coconut and Tamarind curry. It's so easy to make when im busy and its v delicious! If anyone wants the recipe I can drop it  :cheerR: 

phexe
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: phexe
iMood: phexe

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2023 @723.90 »

My own spaghetti and meatballs! I really really love to cook and have made some big dishes in the past but spaghetti is just so convenient and fast so when im hungry or low on time i can throw this together and still get a satisfying meal! :chef:

tenkai_no_perusona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

あたしは暗い旅に出る

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2023 @496.79 »

Soups and curries. Both are easy to improvise when one doesn't have the right ingredients, and I love to overload my dishes with spices, so they lend themselves to my way of cooking very well.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2023 @780.07 »

I'm not huge into cooking but I find making stew fun, just toss things in and watch it go!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

arcus
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: arcus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023 @865.34 »

Stir fries. They're low effort, and work well with a variety of vegetables, noodles, rice, and various flavours. Water chestnut, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic, baby corn, marinated tofu, and natto are a few of my favourite things to add to them.

elliebees
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2023 @928.50 »

I have a recipe for a slow cooker smoked cod chowder that I absolutely love making. It's delicious and hearty, perfect for winter but not too heavy. I do the cooking with my support workers as I have a disability, and they always say they're jealous of my food by the end of a cooking shift ! :grin:  :ok:

kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2023 @971.63 »

Onion burgers! It's a pretty retro family recipe, they're lean beef patties that you serve with an onion gravy and mashed potatoes. My mom's always made them with cream of onion soup but I think one of these days I'll see if I can just make a white/country gravy with the rendered fat instead.

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
beating hearts bby

take my memories of her with u

StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2023 @32.88 »

slow cooker or instant pot recipes are some of my favorites. i enjoy cooking and usually make things harder for me by making as much from scratch as i can if it's not too expensive, but sometimes my mental health gets in the way and i just want something quick and easy.

one of my all time favorites is this recipe for salsa verde chicken tacos in the slow cooker. super easy if you don't mind the wait, barely any prep work, and makes a ton for leftovers (especially if you double it which i do lol). i made these for the first time my partner visited me and he constantly raves about it :chef:

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2023 @674.42 »

I like to make what I call "Three Mile Island Dirty Rice". It's not quite the same as authentic Louisiana dirty rice because I use ground turkey and garam masala powder, but on a cold day it'll warm you right the hell up and have you radiating heat to keep your lap cat nice and cozy. I'll often make big batches in my instant pot, put most of it in deli cups, and my wife and I will eat them for lunch.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
CaffeinatedElf
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lover of caffeine

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2023 @416.09 »

I love cooking quesadillas.
  • They are cheap
  • quick and easy to make
  • very versitile (can be made with lots of cheeses, and have any stuffing)
  • delicious  :chef:
  • can be eaten hot or cold
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4198
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 10
Views: 1785
Last post March 19, 2024 @764.99
by starbreaker
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1822
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi