Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @336.30 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  i made this topic on a 3ds!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: i made this topic on a 3ds!  (Read 803 times)
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« on: April 07, 2023 @145.28 »

i was messing about with the 3ds browser and thought i'd check out how this place is on it. turns out, it's actually very usable! (by 3ds browser standards). a bit laggy at times but some websites take forever to load in comparison

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023 @325.76 »

Can you kill JavaScript on your 3DS browser somehow? That's the main reason for websites to be slow on limited hardware.

Now that's a challenge: A masterpiece of a website should be at least somewhat functional on things like 3DS' and Nokia Communicators.
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023 @587.00 »

Can you kill JavaScript on your 3DS browser somehow? That's the main reason for websites to be slow on limited hardware.

Now that's a challenge: A masterpiece of a website should be at least somewhat functional on things like 3DS' and Nokia Communicators.

the settings menu is pretty barebones w nothing about javascript on it, and the electronic manual didn't say anything about it, so i assume there isn't any way to unfortunately  :sad: . i'm sure it'd improve performance a ton though.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

drakonic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Tiny Birthday DragonJoined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023 @616.25 »

This topic made me curious about how this forum works and feels on a text-only browser (lynx). I must report that it is fully usable :D I'm replying from it right now.
Also, next time I'm using my 3DS, I'm definitely paying melonland a visit, it's awesome that it works on the 3DS browser

HunnyBon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

*squints at the captcha* it's communicating!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023 @858.73 »

I've always been intrigued by these sorts of console web browsers, and now I'm inclined to try as many as I can to see which ones can view melonland  :grin:

🌙
Scrib01
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Cutest Psychedelic Egg!

iMood: Scrib01

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Infinite Egg TortureJoined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023 @882.87 »

I remember back in the day having a cartridge with a version of opera or something on it for the DSI. It was usable but yea, laggy. Wonder what other interesting things you could use this forum on :omg:

"Still know nothin' 'bout me!"

thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023 @885.01 »

I just tried to access Melonland on my 2DS and man does it load slowly lmao. I forget if the 2DS is weaker than the regular 3DS or not though so, yaknow
Either way, it's amazing you can still access it on there!

Agreed with @HunnyBon tbh I want to know if one could access Melonland on other consoles that were capable of browsing the internet...

Iirc the Dreamcast and the PS2 have discs that allow you to browse the internet, though unfortunately I do not own the discs nor a Dreamcast (or the know how on how to connect a PS2 to the internet, though I imagine it'd a pain in the arse)

I remember back in the day having a cartridge with a version of opera or something on it for the DSI. It was usable but yea, laggy. Wonder what other interesting things you could use this forum on :omg:

I think i vaguely remember having one as well. I forget if they were bundled with the console or not though, I feel like they were, right?
Scrib01
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Cutest Psychedelic Egg!

iMood: Scrib01

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Infinite Egg TortureJoined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023 @895.72 »

I think i vaguely remember having one as well. I forget if they were bundled with the console or not though, I feel like they were, right?

Mine came in a box like this by itself, and it wasn't the DSi, it was the DS.

I was right though, it was in fact the Opera browser! I'm pretty sure the Dreamcast had a web browser called "Planet Net". I wonder if the forum works on that?

"Still know nothin' 'bout me!"

teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2023 @950.66 »

woah cool! this kinda reminds me of /home/user/'s post about accessing the forums from a Nokia. in a similar vein, this makes me wish that the switch had its own native web browser, but considering how much the internet has evolved from the ds to the switch, i think it could have been for internet safety reasons or something.

I'm pretty sure the Dreamcast had a web browser called "Planet Net". I wonder if the forum works on that?
time to buy a dreamcast and find out  :ha:
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2023 @722.36 »

I just tried to access Melonland on my 2DS and man does it load slowly lmao. I forget if the 2DS is weaker than the regular 3DS or not though so, yaknow
Either way, it's amazing you can still access it on there!

Agreed with @HunnyBon tbh I want to know if one could access Melonland on other consoles that were capable of browsing the internet...

Iirc the Dreamcast and the PS2 have discs that allow you to browse the internet, though unfortunately I do not own the discs nor a Dreamcast (or the know how on how to connect a PS2 to the internet, though I imagine it'd a pain in the arse)

is it one of the wedge-shaped 2DS? the "new" line of 3DS (which is the one i have) has a better cpu so software that uses the extra power tends to run better than on the old models. pretty sure the internet browser is one of the things which does so that would be why it's slower!

it's quite slow on my 3DS as well, tbf. slightly better with the melonland '98 theme, but slow. neat that it isn't unusable though.

thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023 @984.38 »

is it one of the wedge-shaped 2DS? the "new" line of 3DS (which is the one i have) has a better cpu so software that uses the extra power tends to run better than on the old models. pretty sure the internet browser is one of the things which does so that would be why it's slower!

it's quite slow on my 3DS as well, tbf. slightly better with the melonland '98 theme, but slow. neat that it isn't unusable though.

Yeah, it's the wedge-shaped 2DS. That explains it honestly, why it's so slowwwww lmao
Rowan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Silly Mook

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2023 @37.37 »

I've always been intrigued by these sorts of console web browsers, and now I'm inclined to try as many as I can to see which ones can view melonland  :grin:

I love console web browsers. There was one time recently where I was playing Sonic Adventure 1 and ended up getting distracted by it's built in web browser  :cheesy:

Quote from: melooon
you: Hello fridge, I would like the milk please :cheesy:
fridge: Ooo u look so pretty, lemmy order more onions from Amazon
you: wait no! :drat:
fridge: i love you so much i ordered onions!

Nippo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2023 @702.22 »

If you're going back that far, it is most likely the case that those browsers won't support https protocol which is used by majority of sites nowadays. There are ways to get around this such as hosting a miniproxy (I still need to set one of these up myself)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Tiny things, a topic for tiny things

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 18
Views: 3614
Last post August 23, 2023 @886.10
by 4ivilo
Weird/surreal 3d environment i made

Started by ellievoyydBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1856
Last post September 22, 2022 @593.21
by SGTCharlynne
Obligatory topic where i recomend my favourite movie! (Tetsuo the iron man)

Started by tarocchillaBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 2
Views: 831
Last post December 01, 2022 @126.63
by Wobblegong

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi