Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @962.52 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Film photography & printing photos

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Film photography & printing photos  (Read 312 times)
elliebees
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 24, 2023 @278.01 »

Hey everyone !  :cheesy: I was wondering if anyone was into film photography ? I have a Polaroid OneStep+ which I use to take photos of special things/moments, and I also print off my favourite/most meaningful pictures I take with my phone camera. I have a little personal photo printer from 2003 but I haven't got in working yet (I think there's a driver conflict and I'd need to install it through a virtual machine of an older operating system).

I also found out that Kmart still prints photos, just to my knowledge not from film anymore ! You can upload digital files and get them printed as 6x8" photos (as well as other sizes). I also want to get into 35mm film photography, but its harder these days to find somewhere that will develop the film, and especially at a reasonable price.  :ohdear:

I do have a couple of photo albums I put my Polaroids and printed photos in:

This coupon also came with a photo album I recently bought from a charity shop, I hope I remember to use it before it expires !  :ok:

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023 @332.12 »

I have a little Fujifilm camera, the kind of instant camera where the photos develop on their own! I like to take little portraits of people. I have a lot of retro-looking photos of my partner and I, and out friends.

I have seen old family photos and some old negatives, but the only times I ever had the opportunity to take film to get developed professionally was when my parents got me disposable cameras. Once for the Grand Canyon, and another for Disney World! Soon after the Disney trip, I got my first iPod touch. All the pics were digital from then on.

I splurged on the Fujifilm for myself because I wanted to try the medium again. It takes some great photos! There's also a novelty in only getting one single photo that really cannot be copied like a digital photo.

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

elliebees
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023 @352.41 »

The Fujifilm sounds similar to my Polaroid, its also one where the photos develop on their own. I like the novelty too of just having one shot to get it right. The film for my Polaroid is quite expensive so I save it for special occasions and moments. While I do wish it was less expensive, the scarcity of it does lend a certain special nature and uniqueness to the photos you take with it. Pretty much the opposite of a smartphone camera where you can take essentially unlimited photos of every little thing and they kind of lose their meaning. I've tried to recapture a bit of the specialness of film photography by getting my best and most meaningful phone photos printed.  :smile:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Commo's Photography Page!

Started by CommodornBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 492
Last post March 09, 2023 @941.52
by Commodorn
Quick! Share your pet photos!

Started by BananaBootsBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 3
Views: 472
Last post October 24, 2023 @775.81
by egbert
Art Printing

Started by GuestBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 9
Views: 636
Last post October 28, 2023 @630.14
by Scootarooni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi