Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @351.15 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  what is your favourite noise?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what is your favourite noise?  (Read 428 times)
glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 16, 2023 @946.05 »

we live in a world with soo many noises in it, most very mundane and usually ignored. inside, outside. i really love these noises. I love trying to include them in music. I also really enjoy asking you guys a question and seeing your answers, so what are your favourite ones of these noises?

to start, mine are: the humming noise that streetlights and some power lines and similar make if you are quiet and listen closely enough. all the noises that trains make. bird calls, especially those of pigeons, the sounds of cars, the sound of running water from a faucet, various old computer noises (I have a chess computer from 1993 and it's soo special to me and I want to make a song sampling the little beeps and stuff it makes. it also plays a little song when you win/lose and I should probably figure out what song that is) the sound of leaves crunching under your feet when you walk. 

pigeons will save the world!!!
YoungsterJ4y
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im just a lil guy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023 @133.94 »

I have sensory problems mostly around sound so things I enjoy often become grueling in the wrong contexts (the rustling of leaves in the breeze, bird noises, trains), but one thing I never get overwhelmed by is the 'nothing' noise that comes when its snowing really heavily with minimal wind... incredible.

"You're telling me these rats are all transgender?!"
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023 @308.04 »

@jay: Do you have any hearing aids? A colleage has one, and that makes a whole different listening experience. But it needs fine tuning, else the world really becomes a noisy nightmare.

My favourite noise would be the weeping sound of a bicycle dynamo. But in fact, it's the overall setting. Because they are usually used when riding at night time. Mysterious things happen then. Moths appearing and disappearing in front of the rather poor light. Pollen flying around. But the point is, it's enough to see in the distance. The eyes will adapt to dark conditions. The "sensory antennas" are really on 100% then. And that undermined with the inconsistent sound of a dynamo... very pleasant.
lamia

the girls

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2023 @906.61 »

I have sensory problems mostly around sound so things I enjoy often become grueling in the wrong contexts (the rustling of leaves in the breeze, bird noises, trains), but one thing I never get overwhelmed by is the 'nothing' noise that comes when its snowing really heavily with minimal wind... incredible.

I loooooove the way it gets both bright and quiet at night when there's snow on the ground. I lived in a grimy, chaotic city but when there was a blizzard, it was like a completely different place.

Basic answer maybe, but my favorite noise is probably the sound of rain. It's just nice to fall asleep to.

This post was made by a creature.
zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2023 @25.59 »

i like to zip zippers just because i like the sound it's so :chef:

i have a pencil bag with like a novelty giant zipper on it and i'll zip it a bunch just to hear the sound

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2023 @142.94 »

It's a good thing my cats purr when I hug them, because nothing comforts me like a cat purring. So my cats get lots of hugs.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2023 @833.23 »

My cat makes gobble noises every time he eats or licks himself. I can hear him from the other room when he does because he is so loud. It makes me so happy every time I hear it, because I know he is happy!

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023 @182.89 »

My cat makes gobble noises every time he eats or licks himself. I can hear him from the other room when he does because he is so loud. It makes me so happy every time I hear it, because I know he is happy!

I know those little gobble noises! One of my favorites is the little sigh my cats make when they're settling down to sleep, and the little snores they sometimes do. They're both so cute!

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2023 @566.44 »

My cat's adorable trilling meow. He doesn't really meow a lot, and when he does he trills!!! It's very cute, he always sounds so excited to see me.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4075
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1743
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa
Your Favourite "Dead" Sites

Started by GuestBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 20
Views: 1831
Last post October 12, 2023 @613.44
by myleszey

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi