Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @650.22 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  HTML/CSS editing with live viewing?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HTML/CSS editing with live viewing?  (Read 402 times)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« on: September 23, 2023 @805.41 »

I'm working on getting back into updating my site and I'd love to have a IDE where I can edit HTML & CSS (maybe at the same time) with a live view of what it would look like. Does anyone know of anything like this or maybe even a way I could do it with something like Visual Studio?

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2023 @808.07 »

Brackets could be fitting for you! Their live preview works via Chrome (could be a dealbreaker if you don't want to use it, I don't know if it works on degoogled Chromium) and you can have multiple files open side by side, like the CSS file and the HTML file. Additionally, it has a feature where you can press a button hovering over a piece of code and a little popup shows what it references in the other document; think, hovering over <div class="statue"> and seeing the CSS code for .statue {.

The project used to be owned by Adobe, but went FOSS, so don't be confused when you search for it online and see it has been discontinued.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023 @815.00 »

This is the Live Preview plugin for VSCode that works well!

Some more fancy options for Mac users (expensive but ooph!)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023 @817.35 »

Brackets could be fitting for you! Their live preview works via Chrome (could be a dealbreaker if you don't want to use it, I don't know if it works on degoogled Chromium) and you can have multiple files open side by side, like the CSS file and the HTML file. Additionally, it has a feature where you can press a button hovering over a piece of code and a little popup shows what it references in the other document; think, hovering over <div class="statue"> and seeing the CSS code for .statue {.

The project used to be owned by Adobe, but went FOSS, so don't be confused when you search for it online and see it has been discontinued.

This is the Live Preview plugin for VSCode that works well!

Some more fancy options for Mac users (expensive but ooph!)

I'll try both of these (other than the mac ones because I don't use mac xD) and hopefully will enjoy one! Having a proper environment to easily develop in feels so much easier and makes me so much more passionate to code!

She/Her

pinkvampyr
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer

StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
iMood: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2023 @821.27 »

if you prefer an open source alternative to vscode theres also vscodium which has the same live extension.

you can do stuff in codepen or w3schools code editors but i don't think you can (or should) try to make your whole site in them.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2023 @865.79 »

if you prefer an open source alternative to vscode theres also vscodium which has the same live extension.

you can do stuff in codepen or w3schools code editors but i don't think you can (or should) try to make your whole site in them.

This reminds me, I've been meaning to try vscodium for a good while now, if all vscode extensions work (or even most) I might migrate fully

She/Her

pinkvampyr
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer

StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
iMood: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2023 @914.61 »

This reminds me, I've been meaning to try vscodium for a good while now, if all vscode extensions work (or even most) I might migrate fully

depends on the extension unfortunately. i don't use a lot of extensions so you'd have to check it out for yourself.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

When viewing informational articles, do you prefer if links open...

Started by PepyogurtBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 6
Views: 1140
Last post March 05, 2023 @176.59
by teatime
I'll be hosting my first-ever live concert soon.

Started by nsequeira119Board © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 4
Views: 650
Last post November 18, 2022 @975.91
by nsequeira119
MelonLand Surf Club (webring) - Now Live

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 22
Views: 2468
Last post Today at @235.69
by onedear

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi