Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @173.51 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  click-farm adoptables revival

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: click-farm adoptables revival  (Read 581 times)
deuil
Casual Poster

iMood: deuil

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: May 27, 2023 @768.23 »

so this isn't the correct term for it AT ALL i think... but what about those gif/small size pictures you'd get, usually as eggs, and then the more people clicked on them (and visited their page it was hotlinked to) the more they "evolved" like pokemons to turn into their final form? is there any website still hosting them? i know dragon cave is still a thing (anyone still plays dragon cave?) but as you need thousands of clicks in a week to ensure your egg hatches, i don't think this is a really realistic/feasible option to put on your website because i just don't think the web revival community is that big, simply enough. has anyone thought to make adoptables like that with more "realistic" goals for 2023 old web? i think if your egg hatched after 100 individual views that'd probably be pretty neat!

or maybe this is still a super common thing on every neocities, and i just didn't come accross it yet/didn't realise that's what it was.  :tnt: my apologies if that's the case.

devils
Full Member ⚓︎

Oh? What's that?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023 @774.93 »

Lost Letters has a pretty neat guide to virtual pet sites, and it covers a bunch of click-to-evolve sites where the critters don't die after not getting enough clicks. Perhaps it could be of use to you, though it doesn't just cover the clickable browser pet games.

I'd suggest some myself, but my experience with those kinds of browser pets is very limited... I've always been more of a Neopets-like guy.

Remember to eat dessert <3
Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023 @911.62 »

I think Wobble Town is a great site that captures the vibe fairly well! Flower Game too is just adorable. It's such a niche thing that I will never get tired of. I believe Chicken Smoothie is still around as well, but all these very old sites are only able to survive because of their core players. That server space is not easy to pay for when you don't have much traffic on it, unfortunately

I do think that we are lacking more pet sites in that regard though, because - let's be real here - you can never have enough pet sites. I am currently researching the lost legacy of Valenth, and I feel like this was a game that fit such a special niche as well. It's why FTO seems so promising to me, as well.

What if we tied such a game to a webring, maybe? Making your little creature grow by actually browsing the webring(s)? I am sure there is SOMETHING dug deep here ...  :eyes:

xx <3
deuil
Casual Poster

iMood: deuil

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023 @976.48 »

<3 okay, i have a few plants now. thank you both for your replies, i feel rejuvenated and whole. i didnt know so many of these communities still existed! and i think tying a pet to a webring could be such a good idea!! no idea how it'd work though.

i had tried TFO a while back but it didn't stick - dragon cave did a bit better, but i fell out of steam unfortunately. i'll try TFO again, maybe this time i'll stick to it!

while i'm at it- anyone who remembers click-to-evolve pets remembers that one website where you could host your own pets? like host the PNGs for each stage, and give it a name. i think you could even decide the amount of clicks needed. did i dream that? i remember being a little baby (10) and seeing it, i think it had a purple color theme. it really stuck with me, because it had so much pretty art but it was in english. that was the first time, i think, that i sat down to think, "when i'll be older, i'll get to be on websites like that, and understand it, because this is too difficult for me right now and i don't get it". yeah........ i was ten!!!!.... little baby me fighting to read any words at all on that site... and now i'm in an english college and speaking to you guys in english. GOD.

pinkvampyr
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Claire (he/him) pink/black color combo enjoyer

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: pinkvampyr
iMood: pinkvampyr
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023 @3.87 »

What if we tied such a game to a webring, maybe? Making your little creature grow by actually browsing the webring(s)? I am sure there is SOMETHING dug deep here ...  :eyes:

theyre not quite click-farm-y pets but pets connected to webrings are def a thing! dokodemo has the pokering which is SOOOO cute i wish applications were open, jellyworld is similar. i would love to be a part of one of these tbh.

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023 @617.60 »

I'd love to join a virtual pet webring honestly, that sounds so cool and fun, especially since it would encourage finding and browsing other's sites.

OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2024 @168.02 »

I remember back in the day there was this one click-farm adoptables site I was obsessed with as a kid where you were able to make your own adoptables with evolutions! I never actually knew about personal websites at the time or anything like that so I remember I would just make them of my ocs and hope that random people also using the site would adopt or click on them XD

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

The Web Revival is discussed by the Hacker News community!

Started by MelooonBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 5
Views: 1464
Last post July 14, 2023 @833.21
by starbreaker
How has the web revival community changed your relationship with the internet?

Started by DJoftheCovenBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 8
Views: 1560
Last post February 28, 2023 @745.30
by levya
The Revival Beyond The Web

Started by GuestBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 14
Views: 2245
Last post August 24, 2022 @606.00
by Frost Sheridan

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi