Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @51.74 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  📕 Forum Book 📕

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 📕 Forum Book 📕  (Read 180 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: April 13, 2024 @619.16 »

BOOK

I'm setting this up as a placeholder and reminder about a discussion I had recently with someone who expressed an interest in the idea of printing the entire forum as a book.

I presume there would not be many copies of said book, and some questions would have to be answered such as how do you represent a YouTube video in a book? And how do you capture the aesthetic of the forum in book form? Can a book have 1300 authors? Should each member have their own profile page in a book?

It's an interesting discussion though and I thought people might be interested in providing some input to it! Also if you are reading this post in a book, Hi book reader!  :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024 @717.85 »

That's an interesting idea, and how would this exactly work? Like do we take forum posts and put them in the order of a story?

:ozwomp: my beloved

DiffydaDude
Full Member ⚓︎

Wanna be like :grin: but instead I'm like :sad:

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

20% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024 @728.72 »

What if it was like, a big manuscript, like one of those medieval books with parchment and written by scribes? I think that would be really cool.

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024 @732.15 »

That's an interesting idea, and how would this exactly work? Like do we take forum posts and put them in the order of a story?

I really like this idea omg... Like a collage of recontextualization to create one whole narrative. I'd love to read that!

fancypengy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im like you without good moods

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024 @845.42 »

That is very interesting. Maybe have each board be a chapter? That would be a /long/ book though would it not? Especially if you're including the replies to each topic?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024 @864.29 »

Those are important questions!  :ha: Do you sort chronologically? e.g. having all older posts at the start; do you split by board as chapters and then sort chronologically? Or perhaps you sort based on the number of views a thread received?
Do views even matter in a book? What if we sorted it by something less metric, like say the colour of posts, all the blue text first and then you sort like a rainbow! Is there a narrative?  :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20798
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5421
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3347
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi