Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @372.45 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Angel Numbers

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Angel Numbers  (Read 426 times)
Riqo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Guess what I wear as a hat .. an eyeball!

iMood: nasunikki

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 22, 2023 @727.18 »

My love for angel numbers started around a year ago . I was in the car with my mom as we went to the library when I saw some graffiti with a little angel and the number "444" above it! Ever since then, I've seen angel numbers EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! :omg: Everytime I see one, I get a feeling of happiness!! :grin:

Anyone else have some stories regarding angel numbers? Or maybe you just have an interest in them? :grin: Either way, they really rock!

Have a nice dream ...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023 @742.03 »

This thread was MADE FOR ME LOL. 444 is the Angel number I see most, and I even made a small shrine (warning: autoplay music) of my site for angels (including angel numbers) !! I elaborate a bit on them on the page, but I was also thinking of also starting a collection on the page of all the angel numbers I see on an almost daily basis! I tend to take photos and collect them privately already so... Which angel number do you tend to see most?!
CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023 @776.03 »

I have some level of interest in numerology and repeated number since they're relevant to other subjects, like Tarot for example. Seeing repeated numbers always gives me joy too!

I'm a bit tentative around Angel Numbers as they're talked about and taught in modern times since the whole "Angel Numbers" term was coined, marketed, and taught by Doreen Virtue. She, uh, kind of has a bad reputation in certain circles to put it lightly.

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Riqo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Guess what I wear as a hat .. an eyeball!

iMood: nasunikki

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023 @0.50 »

and I even made a small shrine (warning: autoplay music) of my site for angels (including angel numbers)
Oh!! I've seen your shrine before, it rocks!! :grin: I think I left a comment in the chatbox on your site before too, talking about angel numbers .. :omg:

Which angel number do you tend to see most?!
I definitely see 444 the most! Though I see 222, 555, and 1111 pretty often as well! :grin:

Have a nice dream ...
serenefork
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a Beanie Buddy!

StatusCafe: serenefork
iMood: serenefork

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023 @139.84 »

I have some level of interest in numerology and repeated number since they're relevant to other subjects, like Tarot for example. Seeing repeated numbers always gives me joy too!

I'm a bit tentative around Angel Numbers as they're talked about and taught in modern times since the whole "Angel Numbers" term was coined, marketed, and taught by Doreen Virtue. She, uh, kind of has a bad reputation in certain circles to put it lightly.

Is there another term for the concept that you think is better? I’ve never actually heard the term Angel Numbers before, the idea of the concept having a name is surprising to me.

The repeating number that follows me the most is “222”

(he/they)

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023 @857.99 »

Is there another term for the concept that you think is better?

I wouldn't say there's a better term for the concept of Angel Numbers as the concept was taught by Doreen Virtue. It is not that black and white. What she taught in stripped-down terms is that repeating numbers (especially in threes) are a way that literal Angels or guardian Angels communicate with people. That idea was copied to lots of new age websites.

Here's a quote directly from the introduction to her book "Angel Numbers":

"Most people notice the repetition of certain number sequences and begin
to wonder, What does this mean? I’m among those who are curious about
number symbology. As a longtime student of Pyththagorean numerology,
I’ve wondered whether repetitive digits are significant beyond their
mathematical functions. My studies show me that they are!
The angels taught me long ago that they’ll help us with anything,
provided that we ask for that assistance. After all, the angels can’t violate
our free will. Instead, they wait for us to request help before they’re allowed
to intervene in our lives...So when I wondered about the meaning of number sequences, it was only
a matter of time before I had the “aha!” realization that I could ask the
angels for help with that, too. So I sat in meditation with paper and pen (and
occasionally with my laptop) and went down the list of numbers from 0
through 999. The angels gave me keys to understanding the vibrational
meanings of each number, and the cumulative significance of groups of
numbers."

So basically as she taught it, every number has a meaning that she channeled directly from what the Angels told her. But it should also be noted that she has since denounced all this and claims she realized it was devils speaking to her and that we are all sinners. Considering the whole system of Angel Numbers is derived entirely from Unverified Personal Gnosis (UPG), I would say there is really no equivalent.

I personally think repeating numbers tie in more with the concept of synchronicity, and they fall more under the whole umbrella of Numerology/Arithmancy. But there are different methods under Numerology such as the Agrippan Method, the Chaldean Method, and the Pythagorean Method (which Doreen Virtue references in the quote above). Also, numbers have different significance depending on what numerology system you're using and things like religion and culture. I find it very fascinating, and I've personally used Pythagorean Numerology before.

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Grimlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Harley | He/they |

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: dinosaur
iMood: Grimlock

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023 @399.54 »

oh yes, i learned about them because of a friend of mine and ever since then i'd notice them everywhere! 555 is a common one for me but it varies!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi