Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @272.77 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  an idea for melonland tv network

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: an idea for melonland tv network  (Read 671 times)
lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360
Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: June 27, 2023 @349.83 »

so recently i am being obsessed with fictional tv networks, and i thought:

why not make a tv network for melonland???

idk what will be in the programming for this tv but i think there will be a show where some guy views neocities sites and rates it (this is just an example)

the broadcasting will go either to youtube or owncast (fediverse twitch alternative), or even using specialized services like catcast or strimm

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023 @929.02 »

Honestly I've been obsessed with this idea myself, and many times I've wanted to make a custom TV-like channel on my website that has all of my favorite videos. The main thing stopping me is that I don't think enough of the videos I'd want to add are copyright-free, and I'm not sure I'd want to be using YouTube. Too many ads!

But if I were better at making video content, I'd definitely start a little indie channel project.

lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2023 @557.60 »

I just found out peertube supports livestreaming

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2023 @577.43 »

Since 2021 I always had the idea of doing something like this where I wanted to make a pseudo-TV channel where I broadcast documentaries about the Internet and technology of the 90s, Amiga demoscene and some classic cartoons (oh uh copyright) but from an Icecast server and using OBS, the problem was to find a machine where I can stream stuff 24/7 and where OBS works properly (I guess on a generic Linux VPS with X11 and without GPU it will not work well at all).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023 @581.02 by GeckoF » Logged
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023 @675.68 »

In some countries like for example Germany, citizens enjoy the federal right to partake in radio and TV broadcasting as part of the freedom of the press.

In many cities, you can join a "citizens' radio" (Bürgerradio/Bürgerfunk) or "citizens' TV" (Bürgerfernsehen) club and produce your own productions, and the big stations are legally obligated to make room for you in their programming.
mattperezart

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023 @33.13 »

so recently i am being obsessed with fictional tv networks, and i thought:

idk what will be in the programming for this tv but i think there will be a show where some guy views neocities sites and rates it (this is just an example)

the broadcasting will go either to youtube or owncast (fediverse twitch alternative), or even using specialized services like catcast or strimm

OMG, not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I've been wanting to experience TV channels but for indie creators with time slots and schedule. Honestly, tired of current streaming services (whether it be for networks like Disney+ and Netflix or content creators like Twitch and Youtube) and how everything is just kinda there. It's convenient, but ruins the feel TV has. It's like going out to see a movie vs watching it at home to me. The experience is different.
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023 @323.78 »

In the same way, radio hasn't lost it's appeal. Tune in and be surprised. Though the masses really went for on-demand for good reasons.

I guess if you want to see a TV like network happen, you better start producing a couple of videos / intros in stock...

What I could offer would be "XP Power Machine", presenting online games for Windows XP and "The Wild Bicycle Races", the Formula One of the poor and crazy.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023 @178.70 »

Ooooh I hope this doesn't derail the thread too much, but an implementation of this that I've enjoyed is https://www.toonamiaftermath.com/. It runs through shows from thr classic Toonami programming on Cartoon Network back in the day, and I like keeping it on in the background while I work sometimes. They even have a TV guide like listing that shows you what's coming up next.

In some countries like for example Germany, citizens enjoy the federal right to partake in radio and TV broadcasting as part of the freedom of the press.

In many cities, you can join a "citizens' radio" (Bürgerradio/Bürgerfunk) or "citizens' TV" (Bürgerfernsehen) club and produce your own productions, and the big stations are legally obligated to make room for you in their programming.

This sounds awesome, and I really wish we had something like it in the U.S. we do have local access channels, but they are usually run by for profit businesses, and thus make programming decisions based on advertising for local shops and small businesses. And even those are slowly getting bought out by larger companies.

Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2023 @584.56 »

I assume this TV network will be off the air on Mondays.

Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2023 @599.27 »

God, I'm obsessed with Toonami Aftermath. It's so cool. Thinking about a TV network would be so damn cool. In general, it's quite fascinating how the concept of TV series emerged from radio series'! While we all could name some TV series, we don't have the same relationship to radio. Just check this out! (Wikipedia) I think coming up with a program for a TV network could be so much fun.

xx <3
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2023 @16.00 »

Iv actually been talking to a friend who's interested in making a video essay about the web revival! Id love to see more people making videos about web stuff, but we are all so busy making websites instead  :tongue:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2023 @452.47 »

God, I'm obsessed with Toonami Aftermath. It's so cool. Thinking about a TV network would be so damn cool. In general, it's quite fascinating how the concept of TV series emerged from radio series'! While we all could name some TV series, we don't have the same relationship to radio. Just check this out! (Wikipedia) I think coming up with a program for a TV network could be so much fun.

i am trying to make a tv show that is airing exclisively on it

Iv actually been talking to a friend who's interested in making a video essay about the web revival! Id love to see more people making videos about web stuff, but we are all so busy making websites instead  :tongue:

i am trying to find some video essays about web revival (mostly neocities)

I assume this TV network will be off the air on Mondays.

it will be aired once i have free time lol

update: I ACTUALLY MADE IT!

not really related to web revival, but with some original content

the server link (might go down)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023 @435.39 by lime360 » Logged

lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2023 @513.07 »

update (12-09-2023)

yesterday i made a one-page site on neocities for a tv network called evo, maybe you can suggest a web-revival related show there

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2023 @819.14 »

@lime360 The EVO channel looks really neat! Any chance you'd eventually put up a schedule for it on the site once it's all together?

lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2023 @660.94 »

@lime360 The EVO channel looks really neat! Any chance you'd eventually put up a schedule for it on the site once it's all together?

it's up to rcm since he co-runs this tv network too

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 0
Views: 5324
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
Daniel's Network Search (Discontinued)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 3
Views: 1893
Last post March 19, 2022 @479.06
by Karius
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 2
Views: 3296
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi