Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @456.69 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 35/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  i guess i'll say hi here too

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: i guess i'll say hi here too  (Read 481 times)
konamiesque
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Play the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha duology

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!
« on: April 26, 2023 @697.72 »

ummm i've never been good at introductions but i'll give it my best shot

my name is valentine, i'm 20 years old, i'm autistic, and i really like castlevania.

i think my love for the old/indie web came from my love of retro games... when the vast majority of the fan content for something you love is over twenty years old, there's really nowhere else to turn, is there?

i'm what you may refer to as a metalhead, though i don't really call myself that because it makes me feel like a poser. i'm not super picky about subgenres, and my favorite bands right now are megadeth, opeth, and lorna shore.

i don't have my own website right now, but it's something that i'm working on :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023 @846.34 by konamiesque » Logged

LIA

closing time

StatusCafe: six
iMood: sintax

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023 @716.91 »

Welcome!!
I like metal too, but I mostly listen to death metal (various bands I don't remember the names of when I do my hair or make-up) and nu-metal ^^
I hope you enjoy your stay here and I can't wait to see your site! What's the theme you're thinking of?
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023 @724.95 »

Hello and welcome fellow Castlevania fan!!!

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023 @735.68 »

Welcome! I also love megadeth :omg:  I can't wait to see your site :ozwomp:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023 @797.11 »

Hello fellow Autistic person. Welcome to melon.
konamiesque
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023 @818.38 »

I hope you enjoy your stay here and I can't wait to see your site! What's the theme you're thinking of?

thank you! ^-^  i'm looking to make an archive of all of the castlevania content i've found on the internet. not the games or fanworks, but rather "supplementary material" like interviews, magazine articles, official guides, and other stuff like that. i've almost got everything i need before i can start making the site itself. very exciting! :)

Welcome! I also love megadeth :omg:  I can't wait to see your site :ozwomp:
Hello and welcome fellow Castlevania fan!!!

omg fellow fans hello :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023 @845.38 by konamiesque » Logged

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023 @822.55 »

Do you mind maybe changing your font color to something brighter than blood red? It's hard to see (for me) on the default dark theme of melonland.

Thanks
Anita.
LIA

closing time

StatusCafe: six
iMood: sintax

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023 @826.10 »

thank you! ^-^  i'm looking to make an archive of all of the castlevania content i've found on the internet. not the games or fanworks, but rather "supplementary material" like interviews, magazine articles, official guides, and other stuff like that. i've almost got everything i need before i can start making the site itself. very exciting! :)

wow! Sounds like hard work >_> Good luck on you're site making journey!!
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2023 @936.35 »

I admire your effort, we definitely need a replacement for the Castlevania wiki... They've done everything from spread misinformation to refuse to remove slurs from character pages and more -_- So having a new, comprehensive archive is definitely exciting!

I have a section of my site dedicated to Order of Ecclesia information and guides and such but I imagine doing something like that for the entire site is a tremendous effort.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2023 @981.15 »

Hi valentine, welcome to the forum  :ha:

I remember old cassette players used to have a "Normal/Metal" switch on them, and I always thought it was for playing metal music.. but actually its for a particular kind of tape  :ohdear: Oh well! We could all use a switch in life to make things more metal!

Do you like Brutal Legend?

Hope you enjoy the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
konamiesque
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2023 @88.33 »

I admire your effort, we definitely need a replacement for the Castlevania wiki... They've done everything from spread misinformation to refuse to remove slurs from character pages and more -_- So having a new, comprehensive archive is definitely exciting!

I have a section of my site dedicated to Order of Ecclesia information and guides and such but I imagine doing something like that for the entire site is a tremendous effort.

yeah, i won't deny the fact that the absolute state of the castlevania fandom wiki was a motivating factor for the conception of my site... though the content i plan on covering isn't exactly the same as what's on the wiki, so it's not a full replacement or anything.

and it's definitely taking a while. i think it's been a little over a month since i started this whole thing and i'm still in the process of organizing all of my materials. but i should probably be done with that tomorrow, and i'm the kind of person who likes to have all my ducks in a row before i tackle anything major anyways, so hopefully putting the actual website together won't take as long.

Do you like Brutal Legend?

actually, this is the first time i've heard of it... i went and looked it up, and it seems interesting. and it's currently on sale on steam, too... i think i might just have to check it out :p

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi