Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @702.34 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  Kat's Art Zone

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kat's Art Zone  (Read 674 times)
KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

One little spark is all it takes

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: August 17, 2023 @806.91 »

Hello! I'll post my art here. My style varies a lot, but I like making art that is weird but still cute and appealing. I paint, make digital art, sculpt, make jewerly, and more. Basically the whole shebang.  :ozwomp:

If you want to learn about my mini comic im making, check out this thread

https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=1926.msg18122#msg18122

I also post oc art sometimes, I have Goosechase of course and also my larger world of Pondwater

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my work  :transport:

Make a little birdhouse in your soul
KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023 @830.75 »

It's all a Haze

Acrylic and color pencil on canvas

Vaguely an oc work, can be considered a standalone piece

I wanted it to look sort of physcadelic 60's & 70's with my own twist

Spoiler
[close]

KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023 @910.34 »

Have some sketches today, and a tote bag i made with freinds.

this totebag was done with dead sharpies lol. annoying but did give it a really soft look.

These are characters from my other story, Pondwater. Its a much longer and intricate story. If it was a tv show or book, it would be 3 releases long

Parker is on the left, and bailey is on the right. The story starts out at a summer camp. I have tons of sketches i can post, but ill focus on todays.

all my ocs take bits and pieces from me, and she kind of represents my old home life. her parents are neglectful and shes a bit of a social outcast. people find her strange.

bailey is much more like my younger, more naive self, at least starting out. hes quite nostalgic and childish. hes also sweet and senstive. Due to circumstances, the two have to reliye soley on eachother later on. things get messy. this story has alot of supernatural elements btw, and takes place in a weird little town in an unspecified time period and location anywhere from 1980-early2000s. '

i dont ahve any sketches of bailey that ive taken pictures of right now though. they are just two characters in a whole cast, but they are sortof the leads in a way. their stories are also very entertwined ofter the first ''chapter'' of the story.

i also have my newest ttrpg character to show. We are playing through a pokemon mysterdungeons campaign. all the characters are from different made up regians. mine is a peasant girl from the pokemon dark ages. my dnd characters are always quite silly, so the concept isnt as angsty as it sounds. basically she enjoys being a pokemon and wants to eat cake and sleep isntead of fightign. this is a description i wrote late at night. its almost unreadble lol:

"she is a peasent from the pokemon dark ages and she must yaern for the mines and eat rotten vegetable and crackers for diner and all the pokemon there are just the normal animal looking boring pokemon cus that all the peasent get and she wants a cute pokemon that is good. at night she dreams that she is eeping but as a cozy happy pokemon and then in the morning she wakes up and has go stare at goats all day and she want s to be the eeper nbut alas"

our dm is going to pick from several of our submissions for what pokemon we will be so its a surprise, she will either be hatenna, minccino, or espurr

i also designed my freinds character who is a 2000's material girl as she described her. it was hard because i had to make her look like all three pokemon my freind chose (shinx, vulpix, and and emogla) while also doing what my freind wanted :tnt: i think it turned out good.

goodbybe
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023 @912.26 by KatKing » Logged

trilobiter
Newbie ⚓︎

blue, she/her, paleontology enthusiast

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023 @888.95 »

these are amazing!! i love your style and use of colors, especially the warmth of the paintings!

blue/sparky
she/her
adult
KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023 @929.55 »

these are amazing!! i love your style and use of colors, especially the warmth of the paintings!

thank you! i litersally just saw your thread of 3d work, before i even went to check my notifications and saw this haha. All your stuff is really neat! i think they would look cook with a character drawn in them, maybe we should collab sometime if you want  :unite:

KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023 @991.35 »

Meet Winfred, the happy duck. As you can see, he is so, so happy. Winfred likes sunshine and contemplating The Horrors. he is immortal, and will live forever.

How did Winfred come to be? Well, a few days ago pinterest made the mistake of reccomending me vintage faceplated dolls. I loved how expressive and somewhat unsettleing they could be. I decided to look around for a suitable candiate, and i found this cute little duck.

The creation of winfred was simple, just a bit of scuplting, painting, and incredibly invasive surgery. My family members looked on in horror as i constructed this magmum opus. I put the old face on my sisters pillow, as a surprise.

Id love to make more friends like Winfred, maybe to sell. I think he has alot of charm, though everyone i showed him to found him creepy.

do you love Winfred?

Spoiler
[close]

KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2023 @633.44 »

Hello Im back with another Pokémon character design for a campaign because somehow i got my self into a second one

It's just with me, my best friend, and my GM. The idea for this character was made on the fly. We decided to just wing our character sheets, and i said i fell down from space. Pretty soon that became a whole backstory. Also, we rolled 1d10+9 for our ages and i roled a friken ONE :drat: so shes ten years old

Her Name is Winifred (yes, i named her after the horrifying duck, like i said we made these on the fly). Shes ten years old but shes actually a 28 year old space pilot who fell down to earth with her sister who lost all her memories.

The vibe is very like 60s 70s *weird* space fun special effects weird aliens and such. Not boring modern starwars space. big difference. And yeah her and her sister crashed down onto earth, and her sister got a concussion and lost all her memories. And thinks shes just a normal person. And that her little sister is crazy

The reason Winifred is 10 years old is because they have disguise devices that let them change their appearances but hers malfunctioned when they crashed so now she is stuck as a child

and of course the fate of the earth is in jepordy all the pokemon are aliens etc etc anyway her starter pokemon is a togeipi

heres the full img we drew together, the taller girl with the long hair is my friends character and the sister if you couldnt tell

very different from my other pokemon character, but thats how i like it hehehe. my last character ive played was a kenku that got eaten by a trex and had a addiction to cheese  :cheerR:

« Last Edit: August 26, 2023 @639.77 by KatKing » Logged

KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2023 @944.57 »

recent commission. yes, i have commissions open. am i allowed to advertise that?

i had alot of fun with this one, usually i dont really render clothes... but this was really fun. probably cause i love the style of clothing

open in new tab for better quality
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023 @952.29 by KatKing » Logged

Scootarooni

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023 @858.94 »

Ohh my GOSH I love your art style so much *O* idk if this makes sense but love how round and espressive your lineart is...and the way you color is so soft!

Bugless
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023 @708.87 »

Meet Winfred, the happy duck. As you can see, he is so, so happy. Winfred likes sunshine and contemplating The Horrors. he is immortal, and will live forever.

How did Winfred come to be? Well, a few days ago pinterest made the mistake of reccomending me vintage faceplated dolls. I loved how expressive and somewhat unsettleing they could be. I decided to look around for a suitable candiate, and i found this cute little duck.

The creation of winfred was simple, just a bit of scuplting, painting, and incredibly invasive surgery. My family members looked on in horror as i constructed this magmum opus. I put the old face on my sisters pillow, as a surprise.

Id love to make more friends like Winfred, maybe to sell. I think he has alot of charm, though everyone i showed him to found him creepy.

do you love Winfred?

Spoiler
[close]

Oh I super love this! I mean, I find him a little bit creepy too (he's watching me... o^o), but that's not entirely  bad thing (he's got character!) and it's such a fun and interesting thing to do. Do you think this counts as upcycling? You've taken two old things and made something new... And it sounds like you've taken an artistic practice and spun it your own way, which is very cool! Would love to see more of these if you make them, although probably I will never want one in my room  :tongue:

KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2023 @311.60 »

Ohh my GOSH I love your art style so much *O* idk if this makes sense but love how round and espressive your lineart is...and the way you color is so soft!

thank you so much! :ha: i actualy dont do lineart, i just taught myself to sketch really cleanly. so in turn i get to keep those expressive sketchy lines while having good form. i highly reccomend doing line drawing exercises to get more confident for anyone looking to do the same  :dive: i just constantly practiced by doodling on my school work

i was going to try and find a youtube video to link but i couldnt, but basically its mainly two exercises i really like:

1) draw a circle. draw more circles on top, with one stroke, trying to follow the shape as closely as possible. you should do this fast, dont take your time. as you draw more and more the circle will start to look blured and fuzzy. you want to minimize that as much as possible because that means the strokes dont match up.

2) draw a bunch of lines evenly spaced and the same length. in quick succession. just keep drawing lines. it will become second nature

you can flip these two too or use different shapes or strokes as needed :) works really well

KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2023 @319.38 »

Oh I super love this! I mean, I find him a little bit creepy too (he's watching me... o^o), but that's not entirely  bad thing (he's got character!) and it's such a fun and interesting thing to do. Do you think this counts as upcycling? You've taken two old things and made something new... And it sounds like you've taken an artistic practice and spun it your own way, which is very cool! Would love to see more of these if you make them, although probably I will never want one in my room  :tongue:

thank you!!! id defiantly say it could be upcycling, I used a cheap toy that came in one of my sisters baskets a few easters ago. it wouldve defiantly become landfill fodder at some point, it was just sitting in a bin. but now ive made something ill treasure forever out of it.

i find it funny that everyone ive shown finds him creepy, because though that was defiantly part of the intent, i just find him cute and his slightly unsettleing aura charming. i dont find dolls creepy in general though, im too fascinated by them. animatronics on the other hand... :tnt:

im actually working on another doll right now, this ones entirely handmade, made out of a random tote bag i found. shes alot further along then this now, having a body, fully painted face, and head of hair. but heres a sneak peak. shes going to be a jackilope :)

as for more creatures like winfred, im also planning to do that! im going to goodwill soon to see if i can find any more stuffies that are sutible canidates, because i dont have any at home. i might try and sell a few, since really all you have to do is make the clay masks and then glue them on. dont get me wrong the masks arnt a walk in the park to make but itd be easier to make them in batches.  i might expeirment with more decorations too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023 @321.59 by KatKing » Logged

KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2023 @353.82 »

this started out as just a bit of practice w/ my markers, but a poem kind of formed while i drew them. Decided to make it its own art piece. im getting a new set of markers, oil pastles, and a needle felting kit tommrrrow :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023 @356.38 by KatKing » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3301
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1829
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
sleepyXTRA - Inside The Mind of The Lo-Fi Artist - released FREE!

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 0
Views: 1226
Last post January 21, 2022 @429.43
by ellievoyyd

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi