Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @138.77 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 45/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Niche and useless trivia! The more ridiculous the better!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Niche and useless trivia! The more ridiculous the better!  (Read 440 times)
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 03, 2023 @806.13 »

The title is pretty self-explanatory, what sort of random, completely pointless trivia do y'all know? The more absurd and obscure the better.

I'll start with a few:

• In Ducktales(2017), Weezer is canonically called Geezer.
  • The protocol used by many internet radio stations, now called Shoutcast, was originally called ICY, short for "I Can Yell!".
Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023 @828.19 »

Oh heck yes, I'm GREAT at this. ('This' being 'having obscure knowledge'.)

• In the Japanese (original) version of Splatoon 2, it is canon that Marina has romantic feelings for Pearl
  • In Japanese, the Pokemon type Dark is called the Evil-type
  • Alterhumanity / otherkinity dates back to at least the 1970s or 80s.
  • Those involved in The Lion King were advised by wildlife experts to NOT portray hyenas as stupid, but they chose to continue with the direction they chose. This led to the association with stupidity and incompetency that hyenas now have today
  • 'Bisexual' originally was a word coined to mean 'intersex'
  • Black cats get a 'rusted' orange coloring if they hang out in the sun a lot
  • The domestic cat has evolved to meow the way it does specifically to communicate with humans, and it is rarely used when communicating with other cats

I could keep going, but I'll stop there.

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

hellodreamymiku
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023 @464.18 »

I really don't know if these are niche or considered to be common knowledge but here goes,

• HP lovecraft was an easily scared person, he was also known to be scared of air conditioners
  • There's a musical instrument that is usually unknown by many, but it is my favorite instrument so I'd like to share it. It's called an upright bass, double bass or a contrabass, this instrument is the biggest of all in the violin family! It's bigger than a cello so the players usually stand up to play it, it's also a very common instrument in jazz trios and takes part in classical music, although it doesn't get recognition because it kind of can't be played as a solo instrument, it's an amazing instrument that you should check out! Bonus points if you read the one man show of a person going insane because they feel left behind in the orchestra for playing the double bass!! the story is called double bass  and its by patrick suskind.
    • very random ballet fact you never need to learn: in ballet there are dances called "pas de deux" and "pas de trois" which means dance for two and three respectively, and it is exactly as the name suggests. my favorite is the one in nutcracker, it's called sugar plum fairy. You've probably heard it before :ok:
[/list]

Lady Lazarus

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Can a website be "useless"?

Started by DJoftheCovenBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 45
Views: 4211
Last post September 15, 2023 @380.17
by shevek
What's your favorite "useless" website?

Started by spidersBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 24
Views: 1774
Last post August 15, 2023 @195.71
by MrsMoe
A cool avatar site (andypants.net)

Started by SilkSkullBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 17
Views: 1560
Last post April 01, 2023 @105.91
by SilkSkull

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi