Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 23, 2024 - @627.22 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)  (Read 3207 times)
georgemoody
Jr. Member ⚓︎

To Tux or not to Tux, that is the question

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: georgemoody
iMood: georgemoody
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2024 @721.18 »

final terms are due in a couple months so i've got plenty of studying to do, i've got vague plans of immigrating to finland and studying there through the IB programme but nothing concrete yet, i'm hopeful though. i listen to a lot of music spanning all sorts of genres to pass time, would even say i listen to too much music as it usually takes up my day so much that i don't have time for anything else. I started studying C a month ago but i haven't touched it extensively since, so there's that. i'm pretty cool with my classmates but that's about it for my social life outside of the online space.

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2024 @872.53 »

I'm about to move to another office at work. Everything is going pretty good so far, the Matcha Project seems on time for September 2024. I've just started to collect Quasar comic-books and I want the entire run in single issues, that's gonna take time and a bit of money (not much because it's not a popular character...)

I'm sort of afraid about the future and there's too many questions that I can't answer yet and I'd love to have a glimpse of myself in ten years to see how I fared in life.

I do have hope that things will be better at some point and my website is really important to me. I want to publish 20 "bavardages" in 2024, so far it seems I'll reach that goal so I'll keep up !. MelonLand is a real pleasure to browse when I get home from work.
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2024 @800.87 »

I feel like I'm at an uncertain crossroads in my life, what with college admissions and all. I'm not sure what college I'll go to, or what colleges of the ones that have admitted me I'll even be able to go to. I'm enjoying the last parts of my senior year as best as I can, but it's still a little stressful.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

nintendowii99
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: @pawprints

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2024 @157.27 »

Everything is going well! I feel like i'm just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel after a long period (a year or so) of uncertainty about my career and future. I started graduate school in the fall, and while I hoped that it would make me even more passionate about my career, it just never ended up clicking for me. I loved this field during my bachelor's degree, but now, i'm just not feeling it. I think a big part of it is that I moved from a very tiny town to a massive city for grad school. In my tiny town, my field was what defined me...everyone knew it, I had been working in the field for almost a decade. But now, in this big city, I've had the opportunity to grow and change so much as a person. I'm much more well-rounded, in a sense, with lots of interests pulling me in different directions. I was depressed for most of last year because I felt like I was being pushed further and further from what my goals always had been.

After months of ruminating, I've come to the conclusion that it is just time for me to move on from that field. It doesn't bring me joy anymore. I've accomplished so much in that field that I think I feel okay about closing that book and saying it's finished.

I finally feel so much happier after this realization, and things are working out so much better than they had been before! I got an entry-level job in my new career path, and i'm feeling much more fulfilled than I had been previously. It means i'll have to spend another year in grad school than I was anticipating, but it should be an easy transition.

Other than that, not much else is new. I'm happy it's finally spring. Winter is always long, especially when you have a lot on your mind. I'm living with my wife in our kind of too small apartment, but everything is going great!
littlesecret

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2024 @761.34 »

Whats my life like? Hm. I think Im going through a lot of chaos in my life. Probably the most in my life. I just typed a bunch of stuff out, but deleted it because I don't think the details matter. I'm sure everyone has their own version of chaos, especially in their 20s. A lot of shit has happened in the last six months. A lot of change, a lot of good, and a lot of bad. I have had really high highs and really low lows. Every day felt like a battle, like a new mission. I've been really dramatic throughout it all and Im even dramatic when I talk about it hahaha. Because thats really how it feels! It makes me laugh because it makes me feel like such a girl. Being dramatic about things is important. And its fun.

Anyway, my life has been chaotic and overwhelming and emotional lately, but part of me doesn't want that feeling to end because I can't imagine a life without chaos. without noise. After being in another country for a few months and some really good trips after that, I just moved back in with my parents while I figure out where I want to move next, who I wanna be, what my next step is. Things here are interesting and chaotic, but less fun than when im living somewhere else. But I love being able to cook, sit outside with my dog, see my family, and watch Spring happen around me. I was really depressed/bored when I first got here and antsy to leave(I still am) but I've been trying to build more of a life here. I don't really know anyone who lives here anymore. I've been going to a lot of shows and concerts alone which have all been great. Im lucky that I live in a place that has a lot of good music, even random local bands with little following are so good. Most of the time I go alone, the last show I went to I made a friend! We went to a bar afterwards and I ran into some other people that I knew. That night gave me hope like my efforts of building something here are working. Me and that girl even hung out the next day. So yeah while things are chaotic and there are low lows, I have good times (:  I feel happy that I'm trying to build something here, even if its little, even if i leave tomorrow, this is a place I will keep coming back to so I'd like to put some care into it.

Heres my general daily life
Hang out with my dog
Work on my computer either ... trying to get a full time job, work on side projects, work on a website for a client i have,
Fuck around
Cook
Sit outside
If its a weekend then I find a show to go to or bar hop with with my 1 friend here
Watch tv or play video games (Part of this phase of life that sucks is that Tv doesn't feel good to watch these days. Which is really sad cus I love tv. but im slowly re starting to feel the joy coming back again, prob cus im watching americas next top model and shows like that always feel good.  Do you guys ever get in phases like this with music/tv? )

Xoxo
Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2024 @598.32 »

Right now I live in a house I currently pay half a mortgage on. I currently work a remote job which means I don't have to leave my house often (which is great as I suffer with various mental issues that can make leaving the house difficult) - it's a job that involves coding/design and administration for a company based in Greenville, South Carolina.

I currently have a very senior cat called Mordecai, with chronic kidney disease whom I care for daily, he's been in my life for 8 years and I am doing all I can to make sure his remaining time on this sphere is pleasant and happy.

I also have a marbled newt called Splorch who spends a lot of his time tucked away in his damp cave unless I bring him blood worms, or wax worms. 

I have a tarantula called Ida, a millipede called Ronka and a few different cockroach colonies (hissing cockroaches, pepper roaches, banana roaches, harlequin roaches, dubia roaches, giant burrowing cave roaches and skunk roaches) that I've kept since 2001.

I spend all my time in my 'Goblin Cave' which is basically my office, which has my entire collection of earthly possessions inside it... all my treasures... '80s and '90s collectables, my huge collection of boglins, my Gremlins collection, real monster merchandise and killer klowns... my taxidermy collection, all my plushies, my vintage Halloween Beistle collection... etc etc.

I only really leave my house to pick up groceries or take my pets to the vet and even then I tend to get a ride... so rarely spend time outside.   

My life right now is working and in my spare time drawing, gaming, reading comics and watching horror movies/cartoons whilst also maintaining and looking after all my critters.

Sometimes when the house is empty... I like to wonder around pretending I'm a ghost.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1819
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa
poetry thread: stuff you write, stuff you like

Started by DarmodejBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 11
Views: 2017
Last post March 06, 2024 @707.91
by grubbyfox
Wilde Life by Pascalle Lepas

Started by demonologiBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 1168
Last post March 20, 2023 @564.03
by debleb

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi