Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @988.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Armagetron Gaming Meet-Up?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Armagetron Gaming Meet-Up?  (Read 380 times)
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« on: May 16, 2023 @777.56 »

Anyone would like to set up an Melonland Armagetron team to participate in the Armagetron competition?

Well, Armagetron is a very simple game. It's like playing Snake against other people.

Homepage: https://www.armagetronad.org/
This is the best short video about Armagetron:
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=x8HY0Wh_ZgE

I like Armagetron firstly for being one of the most accessable 3D online games ever. It's Free Software, runs on every computer between 2000 and now (also Macs and Linuxes). As a Free Software game, the community's creativity shows in the various gaming modes, that Armagetron has to offer. The controls might be simple, but tiny details in using left and right make the difference. It's pure skill based, the most rewarding kind of game if you ask me. No nonsense, pure gaming. This game needs the player to be in the flow 100%. Some players compare it to playing an instrument.

Armagetron should by olympic. Such a tough challenge it presents to play with the best of the best. And when I see those fighting with each other, virtual sparks will fly definetly!

Anyways, I got last place in the last individual competition. Next up is a team competition, and I'd like to try and set up a team, which would need some interesting name of course. An advertisement for Melonland or the Web 1.0 maybe? Team Ozwomp Melontron?

For those with a modern computer, you can find Armagetron as Retrocycles on Steam. And there is a Discord group too, just in case you are interested in the game in general.

* xptron.gif (35.53 kB, 512x384 - viewed 24 times.)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023 @822.72 »

OMG that tron game you posted a screenshot of! I used to play that obsessively years ago - but I totally forgot the name, I even tried finding it a bunch of times  :omg:

Ill have to snoop this a bit more  :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023 @305.16 »

What a coincidence. Armagetron was distributed on a couple of Free Games CDs in magazines.
Single player is good for getting the basics. But the real deal happens in Multiplayer. The niveau is very high there, be careful. Unfortuneatly, the server that's the most popular, "The Yellow Submarine", is particularly unfriendly to new players. It has an easy game mode, but you have to wait and watch after getting wrecked. The online servers are getting alive at around 18:00 GMT usually.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Cloud Gaming

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 13
Views: 2485
Last post March 23, 2023 @484.77
by sig
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1822
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa
Linux gaming, when developers won't cross platform.

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 10
Views: 1971
Last post July 05, 2022 @855.67
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi