Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @85.93 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Thoughts on the dead Internet theory?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on the dead Internet theory?  (Read 951 times)
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2023 @100.00 »

yes, I think that when people complain about the world we live in today, they forget that it is the product of the world that we come from. none of the problems in the world are the kind that can be created in a day. they have so much history and build-up to them, and I think any solution to large problems like this that ignore that won't really get us anywhere!

I've probably read too much sf and fantasy over the years, but there's a quote from a romantic fantasy by Elizabeth Haydon that stuck with me. She wrote something like this: "A world simple enough for one person to save is too simple to be worth saving." It was the work of generations to bring us to this precipice, and it'll be the work of generations to withdraw from it. Hopefully we have enough time left to us.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
ralfwause
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2023 @615.75 »

I really don't think that the internet is dead... quiet far from it. I think the cool places, the weird homepages, creative hackers, crackers and gurus some of us remember from times long past are still around, but just much harder to find in the vast amount of content that is around today. Heck, even gopher of all things is still around and i think its quiet possible that it has more traffice today than 20 years ago!

The cool internet is still around... you can just not find it via google ;-)
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2023 @661.98 »

The cool internet is still around... you can just not find it via google ;-)

I think that would suggest that Google Search has outlived its utility to the general public.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
ralfwause
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2023 @801.38 »

I think that would suggest that Google Search has outlived its utility to the general public.

Yeah, i think so...

I mean, the quality of the google search results is way worse than they were a couple of years ago (ok, perhaps a phenomenon in regard to the things i search), but regardless i think the best places in the net are still found via links on forums and niche interest websites
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2023 @62.86 »

I mean, the quality of the google search results is way worse than they were a couple of years ago

Search results from Google have been getting worse for the last 8ish years because of SEO spam. Countless sites are trying to fight for the top of search results so they make the content of their sites filled with keywords in hopes that it gets them onto the top, but instead it makes all of the sites read the same with their content. Often times this content is vague and just a mess of various words that if you're lucky gives a summary and or explanation as to what you're searching for.

I think this is why the Dead Internet Theory seams more believable than most other theories. Anyone can search for something and running into SEO spam is easy because it's everywhere, and because the writing quality of SEO spam sites are so poor, they all seam to be written by the same thing.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Is the future of the internet in the metaverse?

Started by sadnessBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 17
Views: 3721
Last post April 21, 2023 @795.87
by Guest
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4974
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Gemini, an internet protocol

Started by m15oBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 16
Views: 3319
Last post April 19, 2024 @292.67
by arcus

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi