Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @294.99 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 51/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  When Finding a Website, Where do you go First?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: When finding someone's website for the first time, where do you, generally, go first?
About Me
Blog
Links / Webrings
Guestbook
Their Projects
Graphic/Button/Gif/etc. Collections
Shrines
Something Else

Author Topic: When Finding a Website, Where do you go First?  (Read 833 times)
dirtnap
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2023 @731.22 »

huh. "about me" is nearly always the very last page i visit, if at all. i only go there if i have a specific question about the author of a site and that page is likely to contain the answer.

sometimes, i'll follow internal (or external) links wherever they lead. otherwise, if there's a sidebar or similar, i'll likely be attracted to the weirdest entries.

"the baerneling chronciles" now that's interesting! what's baerneling? why do you have an entire page on your site dedicated to chronciles of it? am i going to discover a new extreme sport, a series of books first published in 1987 that it seems only this website's creator even remembers, an obscure gaelic artform, or the creator's unfinished and kinda buggy RPG maker game?

i'm likely to visit the other links afterwards, usually in the hopes of finding more interesting things.

generally my desire to explore selfmade websites is because i want to discover more baerneling chronicles.

no js no shoes no problem
yungwake0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

(he/him)

StatusCafe: yungwake0
iMood: yungwake0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2023 @919.51 »

I always go to the About Me pages - for mostly the same reasons as described by everyone else in this thread, it's cool to actually learn about people and what they're really about.

After that I either go to shrines or links (toss-up); the link pages itch my INTP urge to go down every Internet rabbit hole I can find :grin: and I like shrines for a similar reason to the about pages, with the added benefit of learning about some cool things I wouldn't have ever encountered otherwise.

Everything else is pretty much in random order, depending on the website. If the person has art/personal projects of some kind I'll make those a priority. If there's a blog I'm also sure to check that out.

Sometimes if something really off-the-wall/unique/interesting catches my attention that I haven't seen before, I'll make an exception and go there first.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5422
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1850
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
Website status (Check replies for part 2)

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 8
Views: 2072
Last post December 26, 2021 @841.50
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi