Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 23, 2024 - @673.00 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  HELP: Elements disappearing when they are too long for the screen?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HELP: Elements disappearing when they are too long for the screen?  (Read 389 times)
wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

vampires, please give me a chance

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: wangobangy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 06, 2023 @803.52 »

I hope that I will be able to explain my issue.
When my element gets too big for the screen, and runs into other elements, it disappears from view.
Here's a gif that hopefully explains my issue better than I can.

What could be causing this to happen? I have tried searching around and maybe I just don't know how to search for this specific problem, but I just cannot find anything.

I think I just want it to resize with the window. I also plan on having a margin around it as well. Any help would be nice. Thank you!
:smile:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023 @819.26 »

I can't say exactly without testing the code; but I guess you have some sort of "clear: both; and float" combo? If that's the case, if the inner box can't resize small enough, it's snapping off into yonder distance somewhere!

If you make sure it can resize fully and has no fixed width elements, that should help!

If you post the code or link to a test page I can prob give a more exact suggestion!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023 @821.32 »

I've actually managed to figure out what was wrong on my own.

I would have deleted the post if I could figure out how. My bad! 

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2023 @822.55 »

I would have deleted the post if I could figure out how. My bad!
That's great :grin: Instead of deleting the post though, you should reply with the solution you found; it might be helpful to others who have a similar issue in the future!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2023 @828.04 »

Ah. Well, I'm not 100% on what was going on before, but I never had any positioning on the inner element. I always forget about position.  :drat:
I think that solved the disappearing, but it wouldn't resize with the window, so I set the width to auto then I set the max width to whatever I needed it to be, and I eventually got what I wanted. Hopefully there won't be anymore problems after this.

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023 @839.20 »

Yes please leave it up, this is so good for when others have the same problem but can't put it into words but see it here :smile:

I was also wondering if this could potentially happen if you set a min-width on that element. I think (pls someone else correct me if I am wrong) the disappearance can also happen when the available space becomes smaller than the minimum width of the element, especially when it is surrounded by other elements like above. If it is not allowed to overlap with other elements to keep its min-width, it might go.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
wangobangy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023 @841.30 »

the disappearance can also happen when the available space becomes smaller than the minimum width of the element

I have not thought about min width before to be honest. That could have also been a problem now that I know about it. That's super helpful. I'll remember this for sure.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 246
Views: 20991
Last post April 21, 2024 @517.22
by Melooon
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5460
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3367
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi