Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 23, 2024 - @365.21 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 20/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  OC stories?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: OC stories?  (Read 1206 times)
blu
Newbie ⚓︎

cringefail thing

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2023 @277.42 »

OHHHMIGOSH...  :cheerR: BAAHHHHH OKAY SO most if not all of this basically needs a spoiler because it gets very erm.. silly. (it gets fairly violent honestly) heres some lore of an oc's name i took (dr. blu apollo)

"spoilers: consensus of general lore/plot"
blu is a scientist who works in the engineering and computer science factors. one day, they decide to create bodily regeneration, unlike their husband making artificial regeneration, which i will explain in another spoiler...despite being in the technology field, blu is assigned by their very sadistic and pure evil boss (but conveniently hiding said evil), to rid of the amalgamation experiments in the biology field (since NO ONE WANTED TO VOLUNTEER!!!!!) So basically having to kill the amalgamations. However, unfortunately for them, some of their scientist buddies recently got fused in with the amalgamations into humanoid weird creatures. so now they basically  have to kill their own friends! womp womp.. the whole intent of the bodily regeneration, mind you, is that they can regenerate the *entire body* so if they got stabbed or exploded, or just broke into dust, they'd just.. grow back. no matter the amount of their body that is taken. (fun fact: that was an error in their formula, they intended to die at some point. so they also have to see themselves die! in multiple.. gruesome ways.. despite being failed expiriments, the amalgamations are providing energy to the tech's firewall (explained more in next spoiler block), preventing tech parasytes (basically psychologically damaging viruses) from entering the lab's database, because theyre made of tested radiation goop and stuff. the bosses whole intention is to make blu get rid of the firewall (by getting rid of the amalgamations) so the boss can put parasytes in and let them eat away and the human scientists brains, until theyre all dead of course. (did i mention the boss isnt human?) so yeah, person thinking their doing good because boss told them to do a thing when in reality they are literally killing everyone.
[close]

"amalgamations, parasytes, and more"
Amalgamations:Amalgamations are failed expiriments of radiation biology, their radiation goop is powerful (but deadly enough) to store power in the firewall. the firewall prevents basic viruses, and parasytes, to go more into depth, parasytes transfer datamosh from the infected computer over to the victim's brain, psychologically damaging them and spiraling them into brainrot and constant thoughts of their conciusness slipping, so basically they mess around until the victim's brain is mush, and is deemed worthless, so they hop to another host.
[close]

and that's pretty much a general idea of a oc plot i have! its more of a substory rather than an actual one, but i thought about this a lot so muehehehe

heres a photo of blu (oc) btw ^^.. please excuse how this isnt colored... i did not have a good photo :(

- blu! :] (they/them)
"groovalicious"
thecringefactor

Hello World!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2023 @795.94 »

I have dozens of characters for my games and stories, but I tend to define OC as a particular character chosen as a mascot. Along that definition, I’ve only had two in my lifetime. Howwwever, they don’t have real stores because all my writing energy is being sucked up a current behemothic project that’s confidential. All my art energy is also being sucked up by two other projects so uh I don’t have time to draw my OCs anymore. But here they are:

Regiroth, very old reference so ahh excuse the goofy; and the sword of night
Spoiler
[close]
I was hopping on the bandwagon with some friends to create marauder OCs for DOOM so I just made a lazy character. His name derives from the Latin word for king and an angel suffix (Sephiroth). And afterward, for a joke, I created a fake universe where uhh goes like Regiroth is an evil villain who lives in a giant volcano and Superswordman and his fellow heroes have to stop him from acquiring the two swords of light and night or the universe explodes. Typical old fantasy action cartoon trope :drat: but we be silly. He was supposed to have an assistant harpy eagle spirit called Valkyrie, who was the villain’s minion only because she was a bird following her owner (planned to have an episode where she helped the heroes’ side). But yanno I never got time to finish the silly story cause I’ve got priorities.

He was also used in a second universe that was less original and more in line with the game (so he wouldn’t be the odd one out when lined up with my friends’ OCs).
Spoiler
“Your honor, I am only a sword. My loyalty only belongs to my wielder, his hand serving good or evil. The only difference between myself and a sword is that even without a master, I must seek conflict.”

Annvar Kar’kolse, his former life’s name. Annvar is the word for a legendary raptor as vast as the sky, whose name means to traverse the very fabric of annena, the word for the invisible fabric that weaves together the “universal systems,” laws, natural, and supernatural. Kar is to forcibly impact or damage, typically with a quick fixed point of force rather than widely distributed. Kol is the aspect of time, se is the aspect of fire. Thus, his former last name means to destroy the eternal flame.
*Derived from O’Reve-Dei (A language I made up when I was little that’s connected to a lot of my stories and games. In this case I merged aspects from both Reve-Dei and Argenta)
This was his theme song (lyrics don’t match up though when translated lulz:
[close]

Superswordman, another old reference that I never finished (reee wouldn’t touch old stuff full of mistakes anyway)
Spoiler
[close]
I never got to finish the reference, but this was based of the night sentinels and the typical mc vibe of yanno the hero with the sword. And there was supposed to be a trio including a second hero and a heroine, plus a wolf sidekick. There was also a second villain planned designed after the whiplash, and a side character hero designed after the maykrs and that one sorceress trope who helps the main characters with magic spells and prophecies.

And lastly, this is less of an OC but I guess you could say so cause ever since I lost enough time to draw Regiroth anymore, I basically recycled a lot of his motifs and used it for a boss concept. I rolled with it because the dummy sprite I’m using is similar (cyberdemon from DOOM 64). All my other characters are more animalistic/insectoid and tend to follow more the aesthetic of cryptid/monster vibes and don’t reference anything much.
Spoiler
[close]
I tend to leave concepts unfinished if I get the gist. I don’t wanna ramble about the story unless requested cause I don’t wanna stray off the venue of OC stories.

But yeah

I think my obsession is clear at this point  :drat:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023 @799.24 by thecringefactor » Logged

☙豆 豆 龍 ~ ꪻ ꪮ ꪻ ꪮ ᥅ ꪮ ~ ド ド ロ❧
Click for ♫
fin600
Newbie ⚓︎

StatusCafe: fin600

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2023 @967.18 »

So I'm a massive roleplayer, and roleplaying often means making a character for that particular lore or story. That means I have tons of OCs, but I feel like in my case I have these archetype characters with variations to fit particular universes. A couple of them have had enough time played where I have really strong thoughts on them as an individual, and I even tend to use two of them as my personal avatars when I'm playing games that let me import my own model...

But then there's Izzie. My absolute blorbo. I use her as my mascot, she inspired my site theming, and she has an entire page dedicated to her. She's even my pfp here. I don't think I can do her justice just talking about her so here's a link. If you clicked, you can probably see that she's got fiction written, an entire TVtropes page worth of tropes, tons of art and memes, and it's not even done. I still have the biology and powers to do, and posting the diary entries from the D&D game.. It feels like it'll never be finished because there's always more D&D sessions and thus always more Izzie content, but I'll get ahead of the ever-increasing content eventually.

I don't think I've posted a summary of the adventures she's gone through, but it's full of rather dark, gorey content. She loses friends to death, makes new friends, meets her heroes (and is only mildly disillusioned by them), realizes everything bad is from the actions of her brothers, deals with her personal issues in very messed up situations, and falls in love. It's equal parts slice-of-life fluff, standard fantasy adventures, and angst. I should probably take the time to novelize it, but that's another project to tackle...

I'm only a little obsessed with her, I swear.
ItsWrenly

Wake up kids, we’ve got the dreamer’s disease!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2024 @660.61 »

So I never get around to writing much, but I've got a bunch of different OC universe-things!
I've got three main ones I've been working on:

"Drakocine - dragons, found family, and questionable parenting"
Drakocine is about a trio of dragons named Lumine (she/they/he), Arashi (he/him) and Pyre (he/him), who become friends despite their parents' rocky past, and end up involved in a few different conspiracies as a result. It's also got themes of queerness and found family.

Lumine - A purple dragon with inwards-curling horns (one of which is broken), who hatched without wings. She has gills, but they're a bit faulty, but she can swim and run much faster than most winged dragons. She's also a good fighter, and as very snarky. Their voice tends to be a bit monotone, so he sometimes comes off as rude even when they don't mean to be. She's an only child, but lives with her da, their partner, her aunt, and her three cousins. Their themesong is The Stars Are Projectors by Modest Mouse.

Arashi - A dark orangish dragon with a bright orange stripe going down each of his sides. His neck, tail and wings are covered in feathers, and he has a sharp beak. He's rather anxious and closed off, and while he's certainly a pessimist, he's trying to be more positive, mostly with Lumine and Pyre's help. He was raised almost solely by his older sister, but ran away when he realized that she wasn't the person he thought she was. It was during this escape attempt that he met Lumine. His themesong is Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus.

Pyre - The youngest of the three by around a year and a half, Pyre is a light tan dragon with markings remenisent of a diamondback snake. He has bright orange pin feathers concentrated along his spine, giving the visualy effect of fur, though they're rough to the touch. His horns are stright with a slight upwards curve, and his wings are very large. Pyre himself is rather small, but he's very loud and energetic, with a tendency to be optimistic, though not overly so. He's much less desensitized to violence than Lumine and Arashi, and is large part of how they realized that their situations weren't all that healthy, to which they remind him that his wasn't either. His themesong is Carry on Wayward Son by Kansas.
[close]

"Canus - wolves, siblings, and post-semi-apocalypse"
The concept behind Canus is pretty simply. Basically, humans died out in the mid 20th century, and roughly 100 years later, the world is ruled by dogs, which have mostly taken our place. Among them are also non-domestic canines, uncluding our main three: a trio of wolf siblings named Hope, Kai and Cocoa, who were born in what remains of Yellowstone National Park.

Kai raises Hope and Cocoa after their mother is killed by disease, but is seperated from them when they're functionally older teens (think 16-18). The other two believe him to be dead, and are later seperated from each other as well. The story is about them finding their way back to each other.
[close]

"Samhain - cats, supernatural sillies, and small town us"
My most recent... thing! Samhain (working name) takes place in the fictional town of Samhain, Pennsylvania, sometime in the 2000s-2010s. The story is about two high schoolers named Venice and Shiloh, who are just. just a little bit gay. just a little teeny weeny tiny bit gay.

Venice's sister, Veronica, claims she saw her ex-boyfriend wandering the woods at not, despite him being classified as missing. Venice is the only one who believes her, leading him to convicne Shiloh to venture out into the woods with him to fully verify Veronica's claim. Along the way, they uncover ghosts, witches, vampires, and a duo of hermits with a flair for pyrotecnics.

Also they're all cats. and some of them are sparkle cats. except two of them are wolves. its gonna make total sense eventually i promise.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024 @668.87 by ItsWrenly » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Coming Out Stories

Started by dotmidiBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 17
Views: 967
Last post September 10, 2023 @977.75
by Thorn

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi